Getting error 21. Need to get rid of unleashX. Help me please

Discussion in 'Microsoft Xbox' started by Deniii, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Deniii
    OP

Newcomer Deniii Member

United States
    I recently bought a modded Xbox that came with unleashX.
    The thing is every time I try to run MS Dashboard, I get the error 21.
    I browsed to C: drive and manually executed original.xbe like someone said on another forum but I still get that error.

I don't understand a thing about the xbox mods and scene.
    Can someone give me an easy tutorial to run the original MS Dashboard?

That unleashX is pure crap. Is there a way to run burnt game-DVDs with the original Dashboard?

Thanks.

2. MSaki

Member MSaki GBAtemp Regular

United States
    no sorry not unless you have a flashed tsop or a modchip unleashx isn't that bad im running it and error 21 means failed to launch xbr at specified location.

microsoft dash is crap compared to moded one and if you still do not like it take a look at xbmc or others

overall no there is no easy way to run games off of the official microsoft dash sorry i would just use slayers dash board install disk to install a different dash or reinstall the latest fresh copy of unleashx up to you.

ok reply if any other questions MSaki

3. Krystik

Newcomer Krystik Newbie

Australia
    I am assuming it has a new larger hard drive in it than the original hard drive that came with it.

In order for the original xbox's dashboard to run and work perfectly, the hard drive needs to be locked with the correct eeprom key, you can find this key on the original hard drive or on the motherboards main eeprom chip. If this is the case you will need to lock your hard drive with the original eeprom.

4. MSaki

Member MSaki GBAtemp Regular

United States
    correct you can do all of that ie (dumping the eeprom and flashing it to the new drive also partitioning and formatting it) using the xboxhdm utility burn it to a disk run it and rip the old eeprom....