Hacking getting EFA linker to work

Melter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
ALL GBA flashcarts that use drivers REQUIRE XP SP2 or lower, no exceptions.

All drivers are XP 32bit, they don't run windows 7 period. XP SP3 changed how drivers work and load. x64 systems NEVER EVER load x32 drivers.

you can use a VM to manage your GBA flashcart on a x64 windows system. If you got x32 version of windows 7, same thing, your still going to need to use a VM.

All previous post here are obsolete. Use the 3rd link in my sig.

I used windows XP mode (NOT compatability mode, XP mode is a built in Windows XP VM) on my windows 7 32 bit pc, and I got the same exact problem: the cart shows up as 256MB, doesn't format or write roms.

I'll try virtual box, need to find my XP disc though

Melter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I set up Windows XP 32 bit with SP1 with VirtualBox, installed drivers, and everything. Still getting the same problem: the card shows up as a 256Mb card on the client. Pressing format freezes the client, the LED stays green on the card. Pressing write rom turns the LED on the card Red to indicate it is writing, but then nothing happens, and under the progress bar it says "Backup Loader OK".

Melter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
windows XP mode is a virtual PC install of XP on windows 7. virtual PC is a VM.

If your only seeing half of the 512, one of the NOR modules is likely damaged. (you can't fix that.) It was likely why it was sold to you. Either that or you got a 256 which you mistaken for a 512.

the sticker says 512, it was sold to me as broken, was just trying to see if I could fix it.

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have the exact same problem. This is caused by the fact that you bought a "Long card". It seems to be a copy of an EFA linker. I have the EXACT same problems as you. I could get the longcard driver to work, but everytime I want to start the long card client, it just freezes. The efa client shows only half of my space and refuses to add roms. So it seems likle you also got an Longcard. If you somehow find a way to fix it, tell me. I will do so
biggrin.gif

Melter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hunter291 said:
I have the exact same problem. This is caused by the fact that you bought a "Long card". It seems to be a copy of an EFA linker. I have the EXACT same problems as you. I could get the longcard driver to work, but everytime I want to start the long card client, it just freezes. The efa client shows only half of my space and refuses to add roms. So it seems likle you also got an Longcard. If you somehow find a way to fix it, tell me. I will do so
biggrin.gif

I thought longcard did not have a RTC? My card does, I could sync it using the client (It was set to the wrong time initially, I synced it with my PC's time and now it shows the same time)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-efa-linker-ii-client-f2807.html

Try this link Download the client extract it, plug cord into longcard / EFA Linker plug other end into PC. It should ask to install drivers. Don't use the first option (which is let microsoft search the web for appropriate software). Instead select install from specific location, then use the drop down box and search your PC for where you extracted the Client. Open it and locate the driver folder select it and click OK or install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.