Country
Netherlands
1. Download DSision2 http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=92740

2. unpack the following from dsision_2.rar to the root of your SD card:
DSision (Folder)
PICS (Folder)
boxart.bmp (file)
DSISION.INI (file)

3. unpack R4_Version\r4_firmware\_DS_MENU.DAT (File) from dsison_2.rar to the root of your SD.

4. download YSMenu and unpack in a temporary folder

5. Download latest DSTT firmware Anti-Fake must be disabled! http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4477 (has only TTMENU.DAT) and Unpack TTMENU.DAT in the same folder as you unpacked YSMENU

6. Unpack the folder TTMENU to your SD, and delete everything from it except system.ank, system.fon, system.l2u, system.u2l, ttreset.dat and usercheat.dat

6. Download R4 DLDI http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/downloads/r4tf.dldi in the same folder you unpacked YSMENU and TTMENU.DAT.

7. Use DLDI patcher http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/downl...l-win32-gui.zip to patch YSMenu.nds with previous downloaded DLDI file

8. Run ttextract.exe resulting in: r4dldi.dat, r4patch.dat, ttdldi.dat and ttpatch.dat and copy these to the root of your SD

9. Copy YSMenu.ini and YSMenu.nds to the root of your SD (change "LITERALS=LITERALS_JAP" to "LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG" in YSMenu.ini if you want)

10. Put some games on (any folder, I'm using \Games), and coverart in the \DSision\covers folder (named same as rom, adding .bmp so cartname.nds.bmp)

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks biggie. But...when you load a game, is it suppose to go to YSMenu? I've heard you can go straight to the selected game. Anyhow, thanks much!

glowy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Follow the instructions exactly and the game should run immediately. So it's not supposed to go to YSMenu.

SD content should look something like this:
dsision2aj4.png

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only difference from my microsd content and yours is that I have a few homebrew files needed for specified homebrew to execute (DSOrganize, DSDictionary, moonshl, etc.). Other than that, my R4 directories are the exact same.

glowy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try this one then: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3zgjvs

It's a preconfigured DSision2 for R4
Before you put it on your SD, compare it to your files and let me know what's different.
If this one also starts YSMenu instead of the game, there is something different with the carts. (difference between Fake and genuine R4 maybe)

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm pretty darn certain my R4 is real, since I got it before the waves of flashcarts hit.

Anyways, I got it working now, it seems that I mixed up the files r4dldi.dat with the actual dldi patch. Wow right? Thanks a lot, this works great. But since I'm new to the YSMenu thing as well, is there a way I can use cheats? I recall something about USRCheat, but I'm not sure where to put it.

While I'm on the subject, if you do access the YSmenu, don't check the reset options for game. I selected it for some homebrew and my MicroSD needed to be reformatted.

icepick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"Try this one then.................It's a preconfigured DSision2 for R4 "

glowy .Thankyou for this, Not really into this scene, my daughter has an orig R4 & I will give it a go for her

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i tried loading a ds game it would take me to ysmenu but I couldn't see any names of my folders or anything?

cooleothman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for your guide, but still I still can't play the games directly it will go to the YSmenu and if I load a game there it will ask for creating a savefile even there's already a savefile?(I've got an original R4DS)

Any suggestions?

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you don't need to have dsision2 on your flashcard 4 times, either. one is enough.

moving the ysmenu.ini to the root with ysmenu.nds is supposed to help auto-launch games.

and a lot of these steps can be cut out, since i highly recommend using r4ysauto to build ysmenu.

cooleothman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sweenish said:
you don't need to have dsision2 on your flashcard 4 times, either. one is enough.

moving the ysmenu.ini to the root with ysmenu.nds is supposed to help auto-launch games.

and a lot of these steps can be cut out, since i highly recommend using r4ysauto to build ysmenu.

Wich files can be taken out?

glowy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DarkLG said:
Is there a way to make Dsision support cheats?
Nope, can't help you there

QUOTE(DarkLG (and cooleothman) @ Jan 20 2009, 07:24 PM) When i tried loading a ds game it would take me to ysmenu but I couldn't see any names of my folders or anything?
If it takes you to YSMenu instead of the game, you either have a TTMENU folder or something went wrong when DLDI patching.
What happens when you load a game is that DSision2 edits YSMENU.INI and edits this line
[YSMENU]
AUTO_BOOT=

glowy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sweenish said:

4 times? where?
I have the nds file on it 3 times DSision_2.nds DSision_2_R4.nds and DSision_2_R4DS.nds
since I don't know what the difference is between the files, I put them all on the cart and works fine.
You can delete them if you want, but I'm taking the safe road here.

edit: oh yeah right, and the forth time _DS_MENU.DAT.
changed the startpost, thanks

ysmeni.ini and ysmenu.nds are already in the root in this guide.

Just point 'a lot of steps' out, and I'll remove them
R4YSAuto kills te install, and takes you to YSMenu, instead of starting the game.
Even spinal said so in the original DSision2 thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1712529

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but r4ysauto builds ysmenu for you. it's a lot easier to build ysmenu and pull the *.ini file out than to build the whole thing manually. unless it needs to be specifically built for use with dsision2.

and as far as which version you want, it will depend on your card. if it's an r4 or a clone, you want the version from the r4 directory. if you want it to boot as firmware, you pull the _DS_MENU.DAT. all of this information is in the readme that accompanies dsision2. your guide was verbatim to the readme in places, so i know you this.

i haven't played much with dsision2, as i found it to be too slow, and my games weren't alphabetized. it is gorgeous, though, and i hope spinal continues to improve it.

glowy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sweenish said:
but r4ysauto builds ysmenu for you. it's a lot easier to build ysmenu and pull the *.ini file out than to build the whole thing manually. unless it needs to be specifically built for use with dsision2.
If Spinal says don't use R4YSAuto who am I to doubt that?
When using R4YSauto it does not create YSMenu.nds, ttdldi.dat and ttpatch.dat
So you still need YSMenu.nds and need to dldi patch it.

It does not say in the readme what the difference is between DSision_2_R4.nds and DSision_2_R4DS.nds, so I put both on instead. Turns out when using it to autoboot both are not needed (thanks for pointing that out, must learn to read better
wink2.gif
) but I already changed the startpost (already said that in the previous reply)

I also hope he continues developing it.
But I'm also very curious what menuDO is going to be like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2