Getting Ds lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by TaMs, Sep 6, 2007.

Sep 6, 2007

Getting Ds lite by TaMs at 7:15 PM (1,000 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. TaMs
    OP

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    So i'm maybe getting white ds lite tomorrow, but i'm not sure. (i'd like to get black one, but whatever)
    Used one for 120$ with 3 games. (metroid prime hunters, warioware, new super mariobros.) So do you guys think that it's good price?
    I thought that i could sell the games and buy r4 + 1gb memorycard.
    I assume that r4 is good enough for playing roms and homebrew stuff? Atleast r4 sounds cooler than m3 and it's cheaper.

And i'd like to know some good/playable ds games if possible. [​IMG]

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Playable? Basically all games are playable.

Look in the Essentials topic in the NDS Games section for a list of recommended games. US$120 sounds okay for all that I guess (much better than the price in Australia [​IMG])

3. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    Get a pink DS lite. That's Pink DS Lite.

$120 is a nice price relative to US price. I would personally ask for the DS only for a lower price, but that's just pushing it. A slot-1 like R4 is great for homebrew.

4. SP0RK

Newcomer SP0RK Member

United States
    I have an R4 with a 1gb Kingston microSD and haven't had any problems with it so far. As far as compatibility, I haven't had issues with any ROMs and homebrew applications I've come across.

As far as what games to get, I recommend:
    Brain Age 2
    Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow
    Pokemon Diamond
    Taiko no Tatsujin DS
    Tetris DS

Those are just a few of the great games that're available. The ones I listed are just the ones I'm currently engaged in. [​IMG]

5. HyoImowano

Member HyoImowano GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Tatsujin is for pimps, I love that game.

6. TaMs
    OP

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    Great. Seems that i'll get that ds on monday. long time to wait or not.
    So is Gameyeeeah any good/trustworthy place?
    just noticed that dealextreme is out of r4's again, so that was cheapest place to get it

7. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    Yep, it is, don't worry. I believe it's recommended by GBATemp, so it must be good, no? [​IMG]

8. HyoImowano

Member HyoImowano GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I personally had a really bad experience with them where the told me my order was shipped when in fact it was out of stock (it was not marked as out of stock when I placed my order). They didn't tell me the order hadn't shipped, I had to make a post on the message board (the only way of getting any support) about the status of my order, and that's when I found out. When I asked for a cancel of the order and my money back, they told me 1-3 days, it took 6.

All in all it wasn't a big deal, I did get a full refund, and the support guy is pretty good about replying quickly on the message board.

But this was just my experience, it's clearly not the norm.

9. TaMs
    OP

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    i just get that ds [​IMG] it's pretty fun, but i don't know which one is better psp or ds [​IMG]
    i ordered r4 and 1 gb microsd form dealextreme. now i'll just have to wait for them to arrive. :A

Actually i have a problem with wifi. ds finds my router and signal is good. Then i input wep key and after that it can't connect.
    Is this some common problem?

Edit: if i disable WEP then it's working fine, that's weird. I just read form nintendo site that wep is the only protection what works with ds :S