Getting copied games to run?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ketheriel, Jan 2, 2012.

Jan 2, 2012

Getting copied games to run? by ketheriel at 3:07 PM (1,584 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. ketheriel
    OP

Newcomer ketheriel Member

United States
    Sorry, I've been messing with this all last night and this morning and I've hit my frustration limit. I've been following the guide here: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/19/how-to-play-xenoblade-chronicles-if-you-live-in-america/

I do not have an external HDD. I do have a DVD burner. I burnt a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles to a DVD-R. Then I also put Neogamma on my SD card. I ran it and it said it couldn't run the game, citing error 00053000, I believe, and then said DVD-R + No cIOS. I am stumped as to where to go from here. Can anyone help a poor old man on the verge of tears?

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Just install a cIOS as it sais, check out d2x.

3. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    If you have a Wii newer than 3 years you CANNOT read backup dvd on it.
    Your option ( also better anyway ) is using usb loading.

4. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    IF you have a D3-2 drive (on Wiis newer than mid-2008, so I've heard) you CANNOT run backup discs.

If you DON'T have that drive, use Modmii to get the proper cIOS files and the newest Neogamma.

And PLEASE, don't go to Site A, follow their POS guide, then complain on Site B! WE HAVE SEVERAL STICKIES HERE!

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    "DVD-R + No cIOS" if NeoGamma just shows some error code and this, it should mean that it's running under IOS36, because you don't have a working IOS249 AND your drive should be DVD-R compatible. If it wasn't, it should say so, even without a cIOS.

6. ketheriel
    OP

United States
    Okay, so I got it to work with copied DVDs but some don't work as well as I'd like. I have a handful of 32gb USB flash drives lying around that I'd much prefer to use, but the games I'd like to play are larger than the FAT32 4bg file limit. I've heard of scrubbing the isos to get the filesize down but will this reliably allow games (such as xenoblade and zelda: skyward sword) to fit on my usb stick? I prostrate myself before your glorious wisdom or some crap.

7. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Either rip the games with your loader or use Wii Backup Manager to transfer them to your flash drive. They will be automatically split and there won't be performance loss.

8. ketheriel
    OP

United States
    Thank you bunches =^___x=