Getting Banned?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by darkpaladinmfc, Nov 6, 2008.

Nov 6, 2008

Getting Banned? by darkpaladinmfc at 5:05 PM (1,261 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. darkpaladinmfc
    OP

Member darkpaladinmfc GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Is it possible for Microsoft to suddenly start tagging/banning people, or do they have to release a Live update first that allows them to do so (In that case I can just not download any updates until I'm sure I wont get banned), if so then I wont bother going online until the new dashboard update.

2. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    Sure it's possible, why wouldn't it be? Going online right now is no different than going online yesterday or even the month before; you play with pirated games online and you always run the risk of raising a red flag on their end.

3. darkpaladinmfc
    OP

Member darkpaladinmfc GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    SO say if they suddenly discover a means to detect pirated games, they can quickly detect people without making them DL an update?

4. Prime

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Microsoft have been banning people since the 360 came out. They don't need a update to ban people.

5. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    If they discovered a means, then right now it would have to be included in an update, as currently it is impossible for them to detect it if you do it right. However if they have something in the NXE that will combat piracy, you're effed [​IMG]

6. mr deez

Member mr deez GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Your question is sort of flawed anyway, if ms release a major update and you choose NOT to install it, you won't be allowed on live anyway. So a self imposed rather than official ban.

Don't stress too much though, if you do things correctly you won't get banned, even with NXE (IMO of course, no responsibility taken...!). I'm certainly not even slightly worried.

7. gk.7

Member gk.7 GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Oh well... you just can't have everything in the world...

8. cardyology

Member cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I'm rocking an elite which I got about a month ago. It had a lite-on drive which has since been swapped for a BENQ & spoofed.

Im worried about getting banned, but then when I think about it, the only thing I'll miss is halo 3 online. & i've played about 1000 games of it across 3 different gamertags so I aint too bothered.

If i get banned, then I'm banned. No more halo 3 online. Nothing I can do so sod it.

I think this is the best way to look at it.

You can still upload your gamerscore even if youre banned if you got a memory card, just plug it in& copy your profile to a different xbox thats got a working live connection for a sec.

9. Jarjaxle

Newcomer Jarjaxle Advanced Member

Canada
    after you spoof the info where would you get the benq?

10. Prime

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    From a online retailer

11. Jarjaxle

Newcomer Jarjaxle Advanced Member

Canada
    oh ok i see now was never sure thanks

12. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    Well they apparently don't right now lol, backups have already been confirmed working with the NXE including storing games on the HDD. So unless they whip up something in the next 2 weeks, I'd have to say we good to go lol [​IMG]

13. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    If you copy the game onto the HDD, I think there's even less differences between data that originated from retail copy and data that originated from a backup copy (which originated from retail copy =P).

I'd say MS assumed the new Lite-On drive would solve piracy from their introduction onwards, which didn't go as well as they hoped.

14. cardyology

Member cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I got my benq drive from ebay - £40

If you wanna risk it you can use a hitachi or samsung - they cost less on ebay about £25