OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
biggrin.gif
Wootness.. Getting one in a week or two.
Been working my ass off lately. So yeah..

All the apps look amazing... And I had no idea in hell that the Touch could emulate the PS1.
blink.gif
(Not very fast though)

So I heard Jailbreaking your iPod Touch will void your warranty, but what if you factory restore it?
I need to be sure about this.. Because if something goes wrong with my iPod and I voided my warranty, I'm not gonna be a happy guy..
tongue.gif

~Nero

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cool, i saw it at an Apple Store really cool.
Tough i choosed for the iPod Classic due storage
But if 8GB is fine, it's so cool!

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I was gonna get an iPod touch 16GB, but honestly for half the price you get the 80GB iPod classic, and don't have to worry about mucking up the screen with your fingerprints, since you don't need to touch the screen of the classic...

Plus I like having lots of movies and TV shows on my classic
smile.gif

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I was gonna get an iPod touch 16GB, but honestly for half the price you get the 80GB iPod classic, and don't have to worry about mucking up the screen with your fingerprints, since you don't need to touch the screen of the classic...

Plus I like having lots of movies and TV shows on my classic
smile.gif

Great choice.. I like the Classic too.

The Touch + Jailbreak just gets to me though.
tongue.gif

~Nero

EDIT: So can someone answer my question?
nyanya.gif

4th Sentence of my first post.

Ub3rSlug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a jailbroken 1.1.2 16GB Ipod Touch.

I use Ipod Touch Fans Forum for any help I need with it. They also have a large collection of apps to use with your ipod touch once you have jailbroken it.

Feel free to PM me with any questions as well.

DarthYoshi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I found this site to be helpful for iPod Touch/iPhone stuff also. InstallerApps.com Thanks Urza!! (He gave me the link in a different topic.)

iPhysics looks like a cool app, you should look it up on the site. (Thanks again, Urza.) It seems to have a somewhat wide variety of options.

Also, since I'm not the richest person around, does anyone know of a site where I could get a free iPhone? That doesn't require a credit card? I've seen a few sites but they make you do at least one subscription to some random thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also, since I'm not the richest person around, does anyone know of a site where I could get a free iPhone? That doesn't require a credit card? I've seen a few sites but they make you do at least one subscription to some random thing. Any help would be appreciated.

I seriously doubt it.
You'll probably have to refer like, 20 friends or something. I'm not sure, as I never do those "Do Offer, Get Free Items" things.

~Nero

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I suggest that you look into buying the iPod Classic.
It's got 10 times the storage of the iPod Touch, and it cost less.
The Safari browser isn't very great, and the constantly touching the screen is downright annoying, IMO (As it's unresponsive a lot, and you need to be Asian with tiny fingers to get the keypad not to mess up).

So yeah, if you get JailBreak and your iPod needs to be sent to Apple - just restore it and it will be fine (make sure to make a backup of your music and videos).

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
I suggest if you want really good mobile internet, get a Touch. MobileSafari is the best mobile browser I've ever used - it's not slow (like the NDS) and it's actually capable of rendering web pages without screwing them up (like the PSP). If you need to zoom in on an area, it intelligently zooms in on the area on a double tap. The only thing missing on it is Flash support (which is rumoured to be coming soon). If you jailbreak it you can install email, google maps, vnc, and tons of other apps. I have a 16GB and I have some music, the first season of Flight of the Concords, Transformers, Harry Potter and the Order f the Phoenix, The Simpsons Movie, a lot video/audio podcast and 2 pages of apps.

If you want tons of music and video, get a regular iPod.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Safari browser isn't very great, and the constantly touching the screen is downright annoying, IMO (As it's unresponsive a lot, and you need to be Asian with tiny fingers to get the keypad not to mess up).
I have to disagree with everything stated in the above sentence. MobileSafari is the best mobile browser available by far. The touch controls feel very natural, and are almost always responsive (with the exception of web browsing over EDGE). Affinity to the keyboard will vary from person to person, but I found after a couple days I was typing quite proficient and accurately with it (better than other thumb keyboards).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    tbf I haven't been around on the last pokeflood
    did it happen?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Wasn't it Scarlet and Violet?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Dunno, I stay in the EoF.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    The craze must've had died down by then.
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but...