getting alot of lag in ds AND gba games?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by JJBro1, Sep 21, 2009.

Sep 21, 2009
  1. JJBro1
    OP

Member JJBro1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Im on 1.55 and this has been happening for a while so i doubt that the new firmware would make any difference. I've been noticing lag in framrates in various games and its very bad in pokemon platinum and i notice framerate drops in gba games like final fantasy vi. This hasn't happened when i first got my cyclo this wasn't happening. Could something be wrong with my cyclo or could it be my (nearly full) 8gb sdhc class C2 card?

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Lag is pretty much always caused by the microSD. I suggest reformatting it, and try emptying it a little too.

3. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    Class 2 cards are very slow and I would be surprised if it didn't give you problems with at least a few games. As for the GBA side of things that shouldn't be related at all. I assume you are using the EZ 3in1 for GBA? Try using GBA Exploader instead of the built-in support and see if it runs better. Perhaps it is something that changed in the Cyclo loader that patches games differently?

4. JJBro1
    OP

Member JJBro1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    what sd card would you recommend then? Here's a list that im currently looking at http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....cro%20sd%20card