Gaming Getting a Vita with my Christmas money...

Unagi

A disgrace to his famiry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Film is at 24FPS, not 25 technically.

FPS really isn't a huge issue provided it's stable, it just improves the quality of animation. You really won't tell the difference that much, just so long as it's stable.

People just jerk off at 60FPS because it's a nice thing to put on the box. 60FPS is nice but really isn't make or break.

I haven't played NGS+ but I'm sure the console versions are better, as is the case with most console-to-handheld ports and versions.

I have to agree. Personally, I'm not quite fortunate enough to get high power systems that have 60 FPS, or computers with their dedicated graphics cards (runs intel HD Graphics 4000 computer, still satisfied). Would I like one? Of course I would. I'm pretty minimalistic in these aspects, and when I do get the means to afford that kind of stuff it makes it all the better. IMO, FPS is the LEAST of my worries when it comes down to it.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered a Vita the other day, for delivery tomorrow..

Didnt see the point in getting any games, when PS+ should entertain me; and its pretty easy to get a couple free months so definitely worth it.
Only went for a 4gb card; because when I've beat a game, I'll delete it. You can easily redownload

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another suggestion is Wipeout 2048. I've been playing that recently and it's pretty good.

Improved combat? You mean how Ryu's reverse wind jump now homes on dead bodies,
Enhancements? You mean the new accessories that break the game by making you ridiculously OP.
Comfortable controls? You mean the mandatory gyro aiming for bow controls.

No matter how you slice it, this is not the definitive version of the game. The frame-rate, shitty enhancements and stuff removed from the game make sure of this.

I love how you don't even play the game and then try to judge it.

Combat is fine. Feels a hell of a lot better than the PS3 version, but of course Ninja Gaiden Black is still the best of any version.
The new accessories do so little, I hardly know they're equipped. I just keep the blue essence increasing thing on because it adds a sliver or two extra. I wouldn't call them useless, but adding enough projectile damage to kill someonthing in 19 hits instead of 20 really doesn't help enough to break the game, just adds a touch of difference. Not really big.
The mandatory gyro is fucking annoying, but actually I kick so much ass during mandatory bow sections with gyro it just isn't funny... it's a love/hate thing, and you CAN use the stick to aim. It's a love/hate regardless.
Oh and I have no idea why framerate was brought into it. I didn't notice a damn thing.

It's a fantastic port, and kicks the shit out of the fucking awful PS3 version.

D

Deleted_171835

lol, I did play the Vita version. Thought it was shit and sold it. Quit acting so pissy. I just fail to see how a game with a worse framerate and worse controls (fuck mandatory gyro) is the superior version.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol, I did play the Vita version. Thought it was shit and sold it. Quit acting so pissy. I just fail to see how a game with a worse framerate and worse controls (fuck mandatory gyro) is the superior version.

Probably because you have eyes like a hawk if you even notice the difference in framerate (and frankly i'm certain you can't), and mandatory gyro just really isn't a big deal considering you use the bow all of...3 or 4 times, since it's a hell of a lot more beneficial to jump spam.
You're nitpicking, but look who i'm talking to. I'm not even going to argue and let you ruin another thread.

Just don't want you turning people away from a solid vita title if they're fans of the game/series.

D

Deleted_171835

Probably because you have eyes like a hawk if you even notice the difference in framerate (and frankly i'm certain you can't), and mandatory gyro just really isn't a big deal considering you use the bow all of...3 or 4 times, since it's a hell of a lot more beneficial to jump spam.
You're nitpicking, but look who i'm talking to. I'm not even going to argue and let you ruin another thread.

Just don't want you turning people away from a solid vita title if they're fans of the game/series.
If you're used to playing games at 60FPS, the framerate difference is instantly noticeable. Just because you don't notice it doesn't mean others can't.
Using the stick to aim doesn't help because every little movement of the Vita causes your aim gets thrown off.

If all you're going to do is bitch about the fact that I don't prefer a game with a worse frame-rate and controls over the other versions, piss off. If you're unable to get the other versions, then sure get this game but I can't in good faith suggest it over the other ones thanks to the problems it has.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ordered a Vita the other day, for delivery tomorrow..

Didnt see the point in getting any games, when PS+ should entertain me; and its pretty easy to get a couple free months so definitely worth it.
Only went for a 4gb card; because when I've beat a game, I'll delete it. You can easily redownload
FYI it's better to transfer your games to a PC instead of deleting them. Saves aren't stored separately from the games themselves, so deleting them also deletes your saves. Not to mention it'll be faster to get back into an old game you removed from your memory card.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Virtue's Last Reward. how does it compare to the 3DS version? I have both 3DS XL and Vita and I'd only like to just choose 1.
The Vita has crisper graphics, the 3DS version has better controls.
I've also heard that the 3DS version has some nasty save glitch, so you might want to get the Vita version/find out how to avoid it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over