Getting a .SAV file from a physical game card?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by AndrewRoks1998, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndrewRoks1998
    OP

AndrewRoks1998 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    In your kitchen cabinet, behind the bread
    Is it possible to extract the save data from a retail DS game card into a .SAV file using a Supercard DSTWO? Or would I have to buy one of those "save dongle" things? If it matters, the game at the top of my list to get saves from is WarioWare D.I.Y., which uses a special save type that isn't used in most DS games; "NAND Flash". If the DSTWO can extract .SAVs, would it be able to properly extract all of the NAND Flash data? Thanks in advance for your help! :yaynds:

Edit: In case this matters, the main system I'm hoping to use my DSTWO (I don't have one just yet) with is a 3DSXL, as of this writing on firmware "7.1.0-16U"; though I do have a DS lite and DSi at my disposal, but the DS lite won't play sound (the very tip of the end of a pair of headphones broke off and got stuck in there), and the DSi has a broken L or R button (I can't remember which), so while I can use one of them for things like updates and .SAV extracting if needed, I'll be actually playing games and such on my 3DSXL.

2. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    You'll have to use a DS Lite to dump the save. You can find more information here.

3. AndrewRoks1998
    OP

AndrewRoks1998 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    In your kitchen cabinet, behind the bread
    Thanks for the help! :lol: (Sorry for not seeing that on the site myself :P) Mods/admins/whatnot, feel free to lock the thread.

4. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Locked at OP's request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.