Knab

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i was thinking about getting a psp recently and i was wondering what i would need to make it beable to play backups and roms?

i figured i would ask on one of my favorite site(here) lol

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Traitor
tongue.gif

Well you'd be best finding a v. 1.5 PSP, I'm not sure what the current status is with downgraders, last I heard some FW versions couldnt be downgraded so if you've got a friend selling one or something that'd probably be best.

Once you've got your hands on a v1.5, you'll want to flash it with Dark_Alex's latest 'Open Edition' firmware, which is basically the features of the latest firmware, but still letting you run homebrew/backups etc.

For playing actual backups, its all done of a Memory Stick. So get one as big as you can (ideally a 4GB but nothing less than a 1GB), the bigger the stick the more games you can fit in, google should get you all the programs you need to get it working.

Also they have that popstation thing which I believe is a reverse engineered version of the engine that Sony 're-released' some playstation games on, and is probably worth more than most of the PSP games put together. In essence it allows you to play your old PSX games on your PSP, defo worth getting.

Do a bit of research, don't think it'll be too hard to find the stuff your after. Google is your friend!

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got mine for the same reason. I'd recommend ebaying a 1.5 firmware. I did a manual upgrade, without installers or anything and it was easy enough. I don't think you'd want to chance it by buying at a retail store. I'm going to attempt to buy MGS: Portable Ops. I heard it's worth the money.

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
well i got my 2.71 Ta-082 motherboard psp to 3.40 OEA custom Firmware, but i bricked my first one, but that s because i was stupid and didnt do any research before downgrading
tongue.gif

shaffaaf27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you can get any FW until 2.71 to downgrade w/o gta LCS (2.0 update (unpatched)), or upto 3.03 but you need gta lcs with a 2.0 update to downgrade to 1.5

than upgrade to the holy grail of FW, the OE FW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr