Hacking Question Getting a new Switch

super_franzs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Okay, I got banned, I know why and it fucking sucks.

But I if I buy a new Switch, will I be able to download my old saves from the Nintendo Online Cloud saves?

(Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place and stuff, I'm mostly a lurker.)

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You have CFW and use Nintendo online? WTF?
Anyway, you shouldn't be able to unlink your account from the banned switch, so you can't link it to the new one. But factory reset should be able to unlink it anyways. So yes.

super_franzs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Anyway, you shouldn't be able to unlink your account from the banned switch, so you can't link it to the new one. But factory reset should be able to unlink it anyways. So yes.

Yeah, I know I fucked up.

upload_2018-10-16_18-46-10.png

Doesn't this mean I can just link the new console?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can. You can, once a year, unlink an account from your system via the Nintendo website. I even made a thread about it that no one seems to have read.
Its there in case your switch dies or is stolen, and in theory it should also work if the system is banned so long as your account itself is not banned.

Reactions: Romba

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can. You can, once a year, unlink an account from your system via the Nintendo website. I even made a thread about it that no one seems to have read.
Its there in case your switch dies or is stolen, and in theory it should also work if the system is banned so long as your account itself is not banned.

That's what I was wondering. If it was a system ban or an account ban. If it's an account ban then it's GG. But if it's a system ban, will playing that account on a new switch put the new switch at risk?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I was wondering. If it was a system ban or an account ban. If it's an account ban then it's GG. But if it's a system ban, will playing that account on a new switch put the new switch at risk?
Account bans are fairly rare. As for putting your new switch in danger, frankly we don't know but I don't think they would do that. Mainly because if you don't do anything bad on the new system, keeping you unbanned is actually beneficial for them because you have the ability to give them money for things like online and games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs