Hacking Getting a new PSP GO tomorrow few questions....

CircusMaximusBC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what firmware it will come with but i can download the latest firmware and install 6.60 pro b10 right? is there any downside to having the latest firmware installed ? will i be able to play my backups ? im new to the psp hacking scene so im treading blindly lol . is it a simple as dragging and dropping iso's once cfw is installed ? thx

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
1) No downside, aside from the lack of permanency on 6.60 pro (you can downgrade to 6.20 and install 6.20 pro + perma patch, though). Go seems to be slower on boot up when using the permanent patch (that is, compared to a psp 1/2/3000 with perma patch), so you're fine with 6.60 pro temporary.

2) Yes, you can.

3) Yes, make a folder called ISO on your memory stick's root, and drag/drop your iso/cso in there.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
so do i need a M2 card or can everything be done on the go's internal 16gb memory?
Everything can be done through the internal flash memory.

What about older emulators that want to load everything off of ms0 rather than ef0 such as picodrive?
As I don't have a Go to test that, I don't know, but if there's a setting (in the .cfg file) to change the default directory, there might be a way. Otherwise, it'd probably need some modification. I'm no expert at that though. :P

I have google'd it, and it seems like it does run on a Go, but of course, there's no way to know if the person had a M2 card or used the internal flash.

dalto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 1 person

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

onewinged_angel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Every emulator runs without flaws on it.
These emulators are on my pspgo: nesterj, cps1 and 2, mvspsp 2.3.1, UOgpSP kai, Picodrive, snes9x, rin gb/gbs and sms plus psp. They all work great.

dalto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so do i need a M2 card or can everything be done on the go's internal 16gb memory?
Everything can be done through the internal flash memory.

What about older emulators that want to load everything off of ms0 rather than ef0 such as picodrive?

Picodrive works fine on my psp go.
Is that on the internal flash memory of the Go or on a M2 card?
In the internal memory. I don't even have an m2 card. They are too damn expensive.

MasterMan194

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Cronoswitch downgrader v5 didn't worked in my 6.60 GO when i tryed d/g to 6.20, 6.35 or 6.37. It showed the "the game couldn't start" error when trrying to start any the OFW eboots. So i simply moved from M2 to internal memory and everything worked fine.

On a side note, what MVS emulator can i use for my GO?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: