Getting a new flash cart - CycloDS VS M3 Simply?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by OwlPen0r, Jul 17, 2007.

Jul 17, 2007
  1. OwlPen0r
    OP

Newcomer OwlPen0r Member

United Kingdom
    So, I'm thinking of getting a Slot-1 card as my current M3 Lite and Passcard combo, although it has served me well, is beginning to seem a little dated, and getting games on takes too long. That, and the annoying Download Play failure.

I was about to go and buy an M3 Simply as it is a reliable brand, but then I started reading about the CycloDS Evolution. It seems much more feature-rich and, in general, a better cart.

However, I have also heard about problems with some dud carts, and having to push it in further than normal. Even though the customer service is fantastic, having to muck around with sending it back and forth may just be enough to put me off.

So, I have a few questions:

1) Will the CycloDS successfully send ALL DS Download Games? As in, any DS that has had no flashing or anything like that will be able to receive a demo sent by the CycloDS?

2) What is the approximate rate or chance of being sent a dud CycloDS?

3) How quickly do the team respond to dud CycloDS's?

Thanks in advance.

OwlPen0r

2. Chanser

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    Do a search and don't say you tried hard. [​IMG]

3. loathsome

Member loathsome GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    1) Will the CycloDS successfully send ALL DS Download Games? As in, any DS that has had no flashing or anything like that will be able to receive a demo sent by the CycloDS?

I think it's got a 98% compatibility list per today.

2) What is the approximate rate or chance of being sent a dud CycloDS?

I'd say it's 40% or something.

3) How quickly do the team respond to dud CycloDS's?

Very fast! [​IMG]

OwlPen0r

What a freaking weird nick lol.

4. BlazerRazor

Member BlazerRazor GBAtemp Regular

Denmark
    I think one of the best solutions right now are the G6DS Lite.
    I bought this card about a week ago, and it just works like a charm! Furthermore... the G6 team just updated their firmware today, thats right... today, and now support DLDI for homebrew! Its autopatching when you load homebrew with DLDI support - I have just tried the new firmware and it works!
    I mainly have the card so I am able to play my games without the need to remove cards all the time.

That was just my 2 cents [​IMG]

5. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    You mean the G6DS Real [​IMG]?

6. cenotaph

Member cenotaph GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'd rather buy a flashcart from a well-established team with proven dedication than from one with a spotty track record (the CycloDS slot-2 supercard clones). Right now the CycloDS Evo seems to have the upper hand regarding features, but who says that will last? They were pretty quick to drop support for their slot-2 carts when they realized slot-1s were the next big thing.