Getting a legitimate Daigasso! Band Brothers cartridge to recognize a ROM of the expansion?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Sora de Eclaune, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    I'm trying to get a legitimate Daigasso! Band Brothers cartridge to connect with a ROM of the expansion "Daigasso! Band Brothers Request Selection" (trm-dbbr.zip) through the use of an EZ-Flash 3in1 and can't seem to figure out how to do it.

I've tried simply loading it to the NOR of the 3in1 and then running the Daigasso cartridge, but it isn't detected by the game (though it is detected by the NDS). I believe this may stem from the fact that when I get to the NDS's menu, the GBA slot (with 3in1 and the Request Selection ROM) is recognized as a game I can load instead of an expansion I must load the NDS game to use.

I know you can patch a ROM of the game to have all of the expansion songs, but that is not the desired outcome at this time because having to switch between two separate versions of the game (one on a flash card and one legitimate cartridge) is slightly tedious.

Thank you in advance!

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    It is like the legit DS pokemon games that have issues using palpark with a gba flashcart. You would need the pokepatch Action Replay equivalent cheatcodes that allow you to access a 3in1. There are no known cheatcodes developed for use with a legit DBB and a 3in1 atm, if they are there are any it would be on some obscure japanese DBB site.

3. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    Ah. Well, if they just made a kind of 3in1 that would work with this stuff....but that's probably asking too much.