Hacking Getting a GameBoy Micro and Some sort of Flash Card for it

giga502

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I've been doing a bit of searching around and this place seems like the best place on the internet to talk about game boy related issues. I have a Game Boy Advance but i'm sick of not having a back light and I really want to get a game boy micro. For the portability and the nice back light and sleek design.

I've found a few bids on ebay that I might have a crack at but it seems the problem im having is getting Flash memory or a similar thing to the R4 for the ds for the gameboy micro. I've tried looking on acegamestore website but it seems that their website or store has closed as it's just not working at all. The other two websites that sell GBA supercards either don't sell them anymore or are out of stock. I've tried looking on gumtree and ebay for these product but am unable to do such. I was hoping that you guys could give me some answers as majority of the website seems to be related to Game Boy Advanced.

So what i'm after is;
-game boy micro
-some sort of supercard thingymajig for it

Thanks guys

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Currently available for sale (online stores):
EZ-Flash IV
Supercard miniSD (has slowdown issues)
Firecard 128 (if you still got a printer port)
M3 perfect lite (sold out and no longer available)

List of reviews (stuff you can't get online anymore):
http://gbatemp.net/d8-gbatemp-review-portal#gba

The GBM thread:
http://gbatemp.net/t184628-i-gots-a-gbm-d

Other places to get a GBA flashcart:
in the trading section here, all restrictions apply
ebay

giga502

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm Thankyou for your reply.

It seems that the EZ-Flash IV would be the best bet to go. I've found a store that seems to be selling them i'm just not sure whether it's legitimate or not. If I gain enough posts so that I can access the trading forum will people be selling combinaitons of Game Boy Micros + The EZ-Flash and what not? If so and I was interested to purchase such things how would the deals be done. As the only things I have bought online are through my parents on ebay and I live in Australia and there is a shortage of places that sell these things. Hopefully you can clear some questions up for me.

Wierd Fisher

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

Apologoies first off as I'm new to forums.
I've found somewhere to buy a brand new micro from a UK supplier. Very chuffed.

So now I need to find a card for it. There seem to be an abundance of places supplying the EZFlash IV.

The biggest problem with the EZFIV seems to be the real time clock, or rather the lack of. I know there are some fixes for some games and was wondering how easy it is to find the firmware for the cards and how easy it is to patch this problem?

Also, if it's not too many questions, whats the battery life like with the EZ4 in the micro?

Cheers for helping the noob,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool