Getting a EZ 3in1. GBA save help...

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by ookla, Sep 22, 2007.

1. ookla
    OP

ookla Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2007
    Canada
    I'll be honest... I don't know anything about flash cards. In fact, I've had my DS for less than a week.
    Definite n00b.

I have ordered the EZ-Flash 5 Bundle Edition that includes 3-in-1 Expansion Pak.
    ( http://www.kickgaming.com/ezflash-bundle-edition-p-190.html )

I don't even know how to get started with it, but I guess I'll worry about that when it arrives. My main question is this:

I know that GBA games are transfered to the slot 2 flash and stored there and that you can only have one game loaded on there at a time. What I want to be sure of is that when i save a game, it will be stored on the SDmicro card in the slot 1 EZ-Flash. Does anyone know if this is how it works? Or if I'll have to find a way to transfer them from one card to the other? I was reading another thread... .but that was using an R4 in slot 1.

I just want to know that if I jump between different GBA games, that my saves will still be there.

Help for a n00b? Or any help to get me started when it arrives in general?

2. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    The saves should be handled automatically by the EZV. The save isn't written directly to the slot 1 micro SD, but it is backed up from the battery in the slot 2 when you write another game.

So yes, unless something went wrong, your saves will be there each time you switch games

3. ookla
    OP

ookla Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2007
    Canada
    Thanks!

Any idea where it would be backed up when you write another game? I don't imagine they can all just stay on the device in the slot 2...?

edit: I think I misunderstood... so when you save while playing, it writes to the slot 2 battery. When you load in a new game, it makes a backup of your save on the slot 1 SDmicro, yes?

4. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    Yes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice