Getting a 9.5 n3ds emunand via cia files

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Piepokemon, May 13, 2015.

1. Piepokemon
    OP

Piepokemon GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2014
    United States
    So, I finally set up my n3ds for emunand. My sysnand is on 9.1, japanese region. I would like to update the emunand to 9.5, so I figure the only way to do that would be to update the sysnand then format emunand. I have looked for info on updating the system via cia files, but I am completely lost.
    So, how would I go about updating my sysnand to 9.5 via cia files and gateway? I already have 9.5 n3ds jp system cia's, but am lost as how to correctly install them without fucking everything up.
    Also, I'm wanting to install mset, which I figure I should do after I update to 9.5.

2. Piepokemon
    OP

Dec 7, 2014
    United States
    Oh wait crap no I don't want to update sysnand to 9.5... I just want emunand updated to 9.5. Lol what was I thinking.

kactusss likes this.
  3. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    I didn't even make past the first sentence before I let out Nooooooooooooooooo! :)

memomo and Piepokemon like this.
  4. thorasgar

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    1st. Now that you have created emunand it doesn't matter when you do mset.
    2nd. if you want the easy way just get a rom with 9.4 and held up on the dpad when booting gateway mode and let the rom updat emunand to 9.4. I don't think there are any advantages of 9.5 other than the elusive "stability enhancements for a better user experience" crap. 3ds.essh.co lists the scene releases and the firmware they contain.
    3rd if you really have your heart set on 9.5 someone else will will come along. Good luck.

Piepokemon likes this.
  5. Piepokemon
    OP

Dec 7, 2014
    United States
    Yeah, I am pretty tired, and I got pretty mixed up between the mset being installed to sysnand. I guess a better question would be: Are there any titles using a emunand possible firmware above 9.1? That, assumidly, would be a much better way to update my emunand.

6. Piepokemon
    OP

Dec 7, 2014
    United States
    I found a couple japanese games with the 9.4 update. I cannot find them on any of the sites I frequent. Would it work for me to use a game (Like smash) from the u.s. to update my jp system? I figure it wouldn't, but I've seen weirder things work.

7. thorasgar

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Look it up on 3ds.essh.co, I could tell you things like Xenoblade but my knowledge is with U region not j and that's what you need.

Noooooooo! :)

You must not be looking on the right sites. Maybe some one will drop you a few hints on where to look. They will likely be cryptic so look for patterns in what they tell you and no so much in the words they say.

Piepokemon likes this.
  8. Piepokemon
    OP

Dec 7, 2014
    United States
    I looked a bit more and bravely second has the update. It'll take like hours to download though since it's three big files and it's on a terrible host. Ah well, at least I'm getting my emunand updated.

9. thorasgar

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    You can sort on the fw column to make it easier.

Yeah, getting free games is such a pain, hardly worth it. :) I download while I sleep.

Piepokemon likes this.
  10. tipsytoto

tipsytoto GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2011
    United States
    MattKimura likes this.
  11. innercy

innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    afaik,updated emunand is currently absent in n3ds.correct me if im wrong

12. night_hawk

night_hawk GBAtemp Fan

Dec 3, 2014
    Italy
    If for updated emunand you mean 9.6-9.7 yes. The last working emunand for n3ds is 9.5 for now

13. innercy

innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    ok noted. thx

14. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    This methode installs a FULL FW update to your emunand, not only a partial that you find on games!

You can download the cia's with 3DNUS
    Be sure to set 9.5.0-22 and then your region EUR or USA
    If it's a N3DS, check N3DS and download
    Let it run till it's done, then copy the 9.5.0-22 folder to your (N)3DS SD
    Boot into emunand, run Devmenu or BBBMenu (Title Manager) or FBI and install all cia files in that folder
    When done, reboot (N)3DS and boot into emunand, you should now be on 9.5.0-22x

[​IMG]

prototech and kactusss like this.
  15. Purple_Shyguy

Purple_Shyguy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 8, 2008
    Republic of Ireland
    - Download 3DNUS, input the firmware you want for your emunand and the region. Make sure to click "NEW" 3DS. (I hit old first time by mistake and wondered why my 3DS kept turning itself off after installing)
    - It will download a bunch of .cia in a folder. Put the folder on your microsd in the 3DS.
    - Boot gateway, MAKE SURE ITS IN GW MODE. Make sure you can load the multirom menu to confirm.
    - Start Title Manager cia install program (Big Blue Menu didn't work for me)
    - Navigate to update folder and hit L+R+A to install all cia in folder at once
    - Sit back and let it install
    - Reboot 3DS and reload emunand when its finished!

kactusss likes this.
  16. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Title Manager IS BigBlueMenu...

17. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2008
    I want to just confirm this is correct.

JPN should be for Japanese region updates. It'll take a little while to download everything.

Also, I'd go with BBM since you can install everything from a folder in like 4 button presses and leave it alone until it's done.

18. niño de cobre

niño de cobre Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2013
    Cote d'Ivoire
    mario tipping stars came with 9.4j

19. Purple_Shyguy

Purple_Shyguy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 8, 2008
    Republic of Ireland
    Oh... wait. I meant DevMenu wouldn't work for me.

20. Ripper00420

Ripper00420 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 5, 2013
    United States
    Is there any real benefit to updating emunand to 9.5???