Hacking Getting a 3DS tomorrow, and I have some questions.

maian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought an R4i months ago for use on my DS Lite, and I recall, when I bought it, that it said it was compatible with the 3DS. Running ROMs wasn't exactly difficult on the DS; I just downloaded the ROM, slapped in on there, and played.

...Can I do the same thing with the 3DS? Will this card work with 3DS ROMs? Is the 3DS even capable of running ROMs in the same way, or as easily? Do firmware updates frequently block flashcarts? Is there any risk to using a flashcart? Thank you.

IMRAN_PETER

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Surely the firmware update blocks the flash cart. And if you are interested in playing 3DS ROMs via flashcarts your 3DS firmware needs to be 4.5 or below. There isn't any risk of using flashcarts unless you try to update your 3DS via ROMs in flashcart which might give you bricked 3DS or buggy firmware...:)

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Surely the firmware update blocks the flash cart. And if you are interested in playing 3DS ROMs via flashcarts your 3DS firmware needs to be 4.5 or below. There isn't any risk of using flashcarts unless you try to update your 3DS via ROMs in flashcart which might give you bricked 3DS or buggy firmware...:)

You can just get the latest kernal for the r4...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: can troll SylverReZ the following day :)