Getting a 360 This Weekend :)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by jaxxster, May 21, 2007.

May 21, 2007

Getting a 360 This Weekend :) by jaxxster at 7:38 PM (4,999 Views / 0 Likes) 70 replies

1. jaxxster
    OP

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    Yay, I'm finally gunna get myself a 360 this weekend....Im getting:

360 Premium (Fully Boxed)
    2 Wireless controllers
    5 Games (CoD3, Dead Rising, Lost Planet and 2 others)

All for £200! [​IMG]

Unfortunatly due to the recent bannings on xbox live im not to sure wether to flash it/chip it and hope for the best or play it just offline.

2. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    Don't worry about pirating or anything until you are done playing the games you have.

Dead Rising is good for just screwing around and wasting time.

3. DjFIL

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Dead Rising is the best hack and slash ever created... so much fun. Lost Planet had some amazing huge boss battles. Never really liked the CoD series personally.

I'd say leave it un-modded. Rent games, and purchase the few you really want. Xbox Live is a great service, even if you don't pay for Gold (to use multi-player features). There's so many great demo downloads and Xbox Live Arcade games to get.

4. EarthBound

Member EarthBound a/s/l?

United States
    I havent updated my Xbox since launch.

When i heard they got "Hello World" to work. I decided not to update since it will get hacked soon....Hopfully [​IMG]

5. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    C4eva is working on some new firmware so people shouldn't be banned from live and can play copies. I wouldn't hold your breath that it'll work though.

6. jaxxster
    OP

United Kingdom
    Hmm...Tough choices to make [​IMG] I think ill just wait and enjoy the games i got with it for a while n see what happens. Thanks for the advice [​IMG]

7. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    Where are you getting all that for £200 from? [​IMG] I need a 360

8. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    thats the best deal on a xbox 360 i have heard so far. [​IMG]

9. iza

Member iza gbatemp, the new crack

United States
    me too and i'm in the states. i know a guy who has a similar offer... but with fewer games he still wants USD$300... but he aint gonna get that much... maybe 250 if he's lucky.

10. shaffaaf27

Member shaffaaf27 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    the best i had seen was £289.99 for premium boxed b/n with crackdown, GoW, project gotham 3 and arcade with extra offical wirles controler.

Where the fu(k did you get that sublime deal from!

11. ceraphis

Member ceraphis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    do not even think about modding it right now until the new fw gets released.

c4eva(or was it garyopa?) stated PERSONALLY that it will work best for new consoles that have not been flashed yet. In light of the recent bannings, this is the absolute, no money down BEST advice you can expect right now in terms of whether or not to flash it.

edit: I said the above aimed at someone who was sure they were gonna mod it. You apparently are on the fence about it, but what I said surely applies if 1. You are definitely gonna mod it and 2. You wan t to make the absolute best choice in terms of securing yourself against a ban.

Anyways if I were you, I would not even turn on the box until you have the new fw ready and are about to flash it. Of course, this is if you are certain you will mod it. 360 modding is not at all like it was before the H3 beta, its now become a huge risky venture and to be honest if I was trying to decide whether to get a 360 or not after the recent bannings, and knowing what I know, and feeling the way I fell about backups, I'd never be able to take the plunge to buy a 360 and mod it.

I know that paragraph might be hard to understand but I hope you got some insight out of it regardless. [​IMG]

If you need to know ANYTHING about the 360 in terms of modding, I'm the one to ask. Sorry to be so egotistical or whatever, I don't care too much because I just know I'd be able to help you out with just about any question involving the 360, especially with modding, aside from 1. solid indisputable facts about the recent bannings (nobody knows that aside from M$ insiders) and 2. effective gears of war/Halo 2 or 3 strategies (I just don't play games as fervently as know about the technical side of things)

Anyways, enough about self-praising. Good luck with your 360 regardless of what you choose. It sure is fun! [​IMG]

12. ceraphis

United States
    I forgot to mention: in terms of theoretical safety, and I'm fairly certain this is not arguable, a hitachi drive of any kind is undesirable. After that is the samsung ms25 and the best drive to obtain is a samsung ms28. If you want to know more about the differences and the risks and benefits and disadvantages, feel free to ask. Hope I can/did help!

13. jaxxster
    OP

United Kingdom
    Some guy at work is getting a ps3 in part exchange for something he's selling so he said he'd sell his 360, so i told him id take it n how much did he want...he said make an offer and i said £200 and he was happy with it [​IMG]

14. ndela007

Member ndela007 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    he probably got the unit banned from live most likely. Would be my only guess for someone to part with so much for so little.

15. ceraphis

United States
    i didnt even think about that. I would bet one billion dollars he got banned.

if I got banned Id be ecstatic with being able to sell my box and the games id gotten for it before getting into the world of modding, plus throwing in an extra controller to make it seem more legit, all for around $400.

16. jaxxster
    OP

United Kingdom
    I guarentee hes not banned from live as the console has never seen a connection before...Its a non modded console...The guy is 40 odd and doesnt have the internet. So again i can confirm its a non modded/non banned console.

Also...I'm getting 7 or 8 games now... all still for £200 [​IMG]

17. iamwhoiam

Member iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

United Kingdom
    I just got my xbox on monday... Halo3 and Gears of War for 13 hours. Girlfriend wasn't too happy. It's got a samsung drive, console manufactured on nov 06.

And I definitely shall not be flashing this beast, at least not for another 1-2 years. Until the new firmware has been getting good reports or until some other vulnerability/hack allows backups.

More info here

18. ndela007

Member ndela007 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Last I heard from my relative at ms, they will not stop banning modded consoles because it is so easy to find the code/etc that the modders post on the internets. Crazy thought I know.

19. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Well...a new firmware will eventually come out allowing modders to play online...

20. iza

Member iza gbatemp, the new crack

United States
    and the geeks at ms probably have accounts to all these forums, waiting for the fw to be released...