Getting a 360 for OG Xbox games worth it?

fvig2001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I am setting up CRT based consoles to be used on a CRT. I wanted to get a modded Jasper 360 for OG Xbox games to be played on a CRT. I remember at least Buffy and Jet Set Radio Future worked.

How is the compatibility with all the exclusive OG Xbox games? The OG Xbox is rare here. I already have another 360 but it's a slim, so it doesn't have native CRT support.

Thank you.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am setting up CRT based consoles to be used on a CRT. I wanted to get a modded Jasper 360 for OG Xbox games to be played on a CRT. I remember at least Buffy and Jet Set Radio Future worked.

How is the compatibility with all the exclusive OG Xbox games? The OG Xbox is rare here. I already have another 360 but it's a slim, so it doesn't have native CRT support.

Thank you.
Probably not. The bc is like 100-200 games iirc.

Reactions: CoolMe

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't recommend. You're gonna come across an Xbox game you want to play and it doesn't allow. Just get an Xbox instead, the Crystal and Green ones look really cool.

410NFXAG6TL._AC_.jpg

It's more "white" than it is clear/translucent, now that I think of it (can't see much of its hardware).

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the compatibility with all the exclusive OG Xbox games?
Here's the list. Unfortunately the compatibility is not perfect. So your best bet is to get an Original Xbox and softmod it.
I already have another 360 but it's a slim, so it doesn't have native CRT support.
What do you mean by "native crt support"? Are you talking about the resolution (lower than 480p/i)?

Reactions: godreborn

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgot to mention, there are regional "exclusives" so once you hack your Xbox you'll play all the games you want for it.

E.g. CT Special Forces was only released in PAL regions for God knows why, but it's a pretty awesome game that I've played on my PS4 (FPKG of PS2-PS4). It took me years to remember this game as I had seen it on YouTube.

Surprisingly, there's also a PS1 and GBA game. Gotta check that out. :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never tried the 360 emulator. is it named xenia? anyway, I know it doesn't work with unity built games. I tested some games out by a homebrew game dev on here @Gunz4Hire iirc, and he said that they didn't work with the emulator. all worked with hardware though. he did a great job on all four of them.

Reactions: CoolMe

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, there's a mystical ninja prototype game, which was supposed to be working designs last game. I think the game got scrapped. anyway, it's for the ps2. that one doesn't work with emulators, but it does work with hardware including the mx2sio iirc. I tried it in retroarch on the series x in both dev and retail mods. it crashes retroarch. I got a little further with the standalone ps2 emulator for the series x. I think it's called aether. anyway, the game boots up, but it's a total mess, and you can't tell what's even going on. lol I wonder what it is about these sorts of games that make them not work on emulators, especially when most games for the system work on them.

fvig2001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Here's the list. Unfortunately the compatibility is not perfect. So your best bet is to get an Original Xbox and softmod it.

What do you mean by "native crt support"? Are you talking about the resolution (lower than 480p/i)?
I mean using composite/component for CRT use

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
btw, there's a mystical ninja prototype game, which was supposed to be working designs last game. I think the game got scrapped. anyway, it's for the ps2. that one doesn't work with emulators, but it does work with hardware including the mx2sio iirc. I tried it in retroarch on the series x in both dev and retail mods. it crashes retroarch. I got a little further with the standalone ps2 emulator for the series x. I think it's called aether. anyway, the game boots up, but it's a total mess, and you can't tell what's even going on. lol I wonder what it is about these sorts of games that make them not work on emulators, especially when most games for the system work on them.
mystical ninja series is so underrated especially both n64 games are worth playing just for the music alone
but sadly its like with all other good konami games

and did you try the new version of pcsx2 in software mode?

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have another 360 but it's a slim, so it doesn't have native CRT support.
I mean using composite/component for CRT use
So you don't have the composite/component cables? Or your tv (crt?) doesn't have composite/component inputs? 🤨
Either way Original Xbox games can be displayed on an hdtv using hdmi..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely...