Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm getting my girlfriend NDSL and flashcart on her birthday.
At the same time, I'm getting myself NDSL and flashcart as well.
So here it goes

My Girlfriend:
Owns GameCube
Has 2 brothers who might get NDSL but probably wouldn't get flashcart, so probably needs to supply download play herself.
Don't want her to go through hellota mess of setup, interface and stuff
-> Considering DSX (16G if I can get it before mid April, but 4G would seem no problem either)
for it's appears to be superior download play ability over with flashed NDS, neat GUI, and USB-cart direct connection

Me:
Would be dead poor after getting 2 NDSL+2 flashcarts+memory
Multiplayer probably mostly with my girlfriend, don't really have to supply download play to people, I can leech off them.
(And if DSX doesn't support d/p and we insanely love the game and its multiplayer we'll just buy one)
Don't need nice GUI (I could even use Unix operated NDSL lol j/k)
Performance >>>> Graphics
Owns custom firmware PSP, so all emulators can run off PSP possibly including GBA
NDS games gotta be highly compatible, stable, and fast
-> Considering M3DS Simply, but EZ5 comes real close.

At the moment i'm pretty fixed on DSX + M3DSS + 1GB Kingston(Japan) MicroSD
What do you suggest? Thanks in advance

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest getting an R4 instead of an M3 Simply, just because it's cheaper for the exact same product. Other than that I think you've chosen the right carts for your (and your girlfriend's) needs.

One thing you might consider though, is that if your GF is only going to play multiplayer with you and her brothers, it will cost more to get one DS-X than three of these: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2069

That's a clone of this cart: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=45180

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks for the help destructobot the prices are so cheap on that site.
grog.gif

pcsoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go with the R4/1gig mSD kits from dealextreme. The price is $43 US and they deliver worldwide. I've ordered and received several shipments from them with no problems.

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the info destructobot, but I'm confused about one thing
Review says if I load the game I can remove FireLine, but every time I load anything I have to have that FireLine in there? That's how I understood it.
Well the price surely is very tempting, maybe I should ask her if she won't mind having something in the GBA slot. I don't mind looking like carrying a Wii if it works way superior than other cards, but she's quite into design.
Thank you pcsoon, it surely is a great deal, some people are really skeptical about wether this is real, but I'll go ahead and get one,

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The GBA thingy is only needed when transferring files to or from the cart. After the files are transferred, you take the GBA thingy out and put it away until the next time you want to transfer files.

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, thanks a lot! That clarified everything. Now the only thing left is finding the seller with lowest price! I got more than a month till the D-day so I guess I'll consider getting shipped from HK.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...