Trophies
XP
Country
United States
astrangeone said:
Sterl500 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Sterl500 said:
I would hate it, if my [future] wife, and I had kids and she divorced me because she figured out that she is a lesbian (though I wouldn't hold it against her, because lesbians are pretty cool people.
yay.gif
).

Actually I wouldn't be upset. Hell, I'd say she could have the kids as long as she sent me "videos" every month.
smileipb2.png

That's what I was subtlety referring to (but I'd keep the kids
smileipb2.png
).

Geez. Is that what lesbians are all to you? Some male centered fantasy? Oh for the love of Totoro, yuck.

Way to kill the humor. Immature childish humor, maybe, but humor all the less.

Of course I don't only think of lesbians as some guy fantasy. It's just that a lot of guys fantasize about hot women making out. That's fact.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild, I was actually like you at one time, with the same "blah anime is just this generic shizz" mindset you have right now.

The anime that truly brought me out of it was Death Note.

At first, it didn't have any outward appeal to me, in fact when I first saw some screencaps I thought something along the lines of "what is this shit?" Though eventually someone convinced me to watch it, and to be honest I'm glad I did. It's a great story regardless of the medium you look at it from.

As for "lots of" character development, there's Toradora...it revolves completely around character development. It's actually the first romance (in any medium) that I liked. The outcome was predictable from episode 1 but the presentation was good enough to watch the whole thing over the span of two days. But it's probably too Japanese for you (for now anyway)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Assuming you're not ignoring me completely, I'd like to get a few points across, and I hope we can have a civilized conversation.

Guild McCommunist said:
flashy explosions and over the top explosions. Most of the character and story development is minimum. (...) guys fly around shooting lasers out of their hands.
Claiming all anime is like what you've described (i.e. like DBZ) is just like claiming all Western animation is like My Little Pony and features (nay, revolves around) small pink horses frolicking on rainbows.

Can you see what I'm getting at? Would you agree?

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Edgedancer said:
Interesting look into your life. Any chance of a preview for your next 1000 posts?
smile.gif

My next 1,000 posts? Hm...

"Boo anime"

"You're an asshole"

"This game sucks"

"You're a fanboy"

"Furthermore..."

"Magnets."

Just a sample!

I was pretty quite tempted, though, to copy and paste the short Dr. Evil autobiography piece he does in the first Austin Powers. It somewhere goes into a German man shaving his testicles. Great movie.
ohmy.gif
Thats not very nice Guild.

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In your current position, I'd suggest you watch Code Geass (season one) or Death Note (personally, I couldn't stand watching more than 11 episodes into it, but it seems to work out for a lot of other people).

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
astrangeone said:
Geez. Is that what lesbians are all to you? Some male centered fantasy? Oh for the love of Totoro, yuck.

Geez, I was just joking. Though it's really hard to tell over the internet, if it's a joke or not.
dry.gif
Sorry, if I insulted you. From now on take anything I say with a grain of salt (especially if this ->
smileipb2.png
is here).

QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Dec 13 2009, 01:46 PM) Way to kill the humor. Immature childish humor, maybe, but humor all the less.

Of course I don't only think of lesbians as some guy fantasy. It's just that a lot of guys fantasize about hot women making out. That's fact.

Exactly Guild. I know of friends that think that way consistently, even I have the tendency to think about women that way (though it isn't the way my friends do). I have hung out with both straight, and lesbian girls, and some straight woman have the same thought processes as straight men (men fantasizes about lesbians, and straight women sometimes fantasize about homosexual men).

It's fucked up I know, but a lot of the girls I have hung out with have admitted to this fact.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you guys were wondering, I'm downloading Code Geass... It's got a lot of big robots fighting but my hopes are high for this one.

I also found Gungrave on the site I was downloading from and I somehow remembering reading up about the PS2 game about it and feeling mildly interested in it.

I'll watch Code Geass when I'm done with my homework.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like robot animu either but Code Geass was great regardless. It has an orchestrated soundtrack which is pretty awesome in itself.

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Wow Guild, Nice story you've had a somewhat tough life, But it's cool to see everything is "fine" at with you.

Speaking about your anime issue i'm not sure if you'll like these, Especially the TumbleDryLow ones (Exepting Higurashi and Death note)

Look up for "Seinen" genre, If you are willing to read.

If you will make sure you check this ones:

-Gantz

-Freesia

-The world is mine

I may post again later, If i don't fell free to Pm me to chat about this.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edgedancer said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Edgedancer said:
Interesting look into your life. Any chance of a preview for your next 1000 posts?
smile.gif

My next 1,000 posts? Hm...

"Boo anime"

"You're an asshole"

"This game sucks"

"You're a fanboy"

"Furthermore..."

"Magnets."

Just a sample!

I was pretty quite tempted, though, to copy and paste the short Dr. Evil autobiography piece he does in the first Austin Powers. It somewhere goes into a German man shaving his testicles. Great movie.
ohmy.gif
Thats not very nice Guild.

Well, I didn't mean that directed at you, just that odds are I'll call someone an asshole in my 1,000 future posts.

And Code Geass should be finished downloading in about an hour or more.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two posts in a row, but I don't care. Major announcement.

Holy shit, Code Geass isn't bad. It's actually quite good. Sure, there's a lot of cliches, but I that's a no-brainer. I love Lelouch's genius-level mind and the grittiness of it. It's not just cheesy fight after cheesy fight. It's a compelling story with no fluff. It's bloody, it's got innocent people getting slaughtered, it's got fighting against oppression, and it's got chess. Hell, even the fighting in the giant mechas isn't bad.

So yeah, put this on the record, I, Guild McCommunist, do like an anime.

asdf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Two posts in a row, but I don't care. Major announcement.

Holy shit, Code Geass isn't bad. It's actually quite good. Sure, there's a lot of cliches, but I that's a no-brainer. I love Lelouch's genius-level mind and the grittiness of it. It's not just cheesy fight after cheesy fight. It's a compelling story with no fluff. It's bloody, it's got innocent people getting slaughtered, it's got fighting against oppression, and it's got chess. Hell, even the fighting in the giant mechas isn't bad.

So yeah, put this on the record, I, Guild McCommunist, do like an anime.
It gets way better in R2. Besides one or two fillers, it's much better than R1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM