Hacking Get this working...

polendino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Wii, version 4.2A at the moment, with the Homebrew Channel installed.

I'm a little pissed at the massive delay on Super Mario Galaxy 2 in Australia, and one thing led to another, and now I need uLoader to work. It doesn't at the moment.

I need the ultra-noob's guide to getting this working. Tell me what I have to install, where to get it, and what to do. Assume I know nothing, and have nothing save the HBC channel. I already have the HBC, so I've done that much. Working backwards from uLoader to the cIOS 222 installer v5, I needed my "dev/es" patched, so I was led to Waninkoko's CIOSX rev19 installer, which claims I should press A, though it is not letting me press a, or b. the music just keeps going. Am I doing the right thing, or should something else be done?

Please help me!

~Polendino

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
k run cIOSX rev 19 and install as base 38.

Install the Hermes cIOS v4

# IOS222 with base IOS38
# IOS223 with base IOS38 merged with 37
# IOS202 with base IOS38 merged with 60

Now IMHO you should use CFG-Loader or Usb Loader GX too boot your games off usb.

And remember to set your language to English and to FORCE NTSC to get Galaxy working on a PAL wii.

polendino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Riley said:
k run cIOSX rev 19 and install as base 38.

Install the Hermes cIOS v4

# IOS222 with base IOS38
# IOS223 with base IOS38 merged with 37
# IOS202 with base IOS38 merged with 60

Now IMHO you should use CFG-Loader or Usb Loader GX too boot your games off usb.

And remember to set your language to English and to FORCE NTSC to get Galaxy working on a PAL wii.

Hmm... I'm getting the tiniest bit of trouble. If you could n00bify it some more, it would be massively appreciated, but I'll try and work it out.

EDIT: When installing the CIOSX rev 19, I pick IOS38, accept the disclaimer, then select base IOS38 v3867 (Was that right?), then Network Installation. It downloads a buncha stuff successfully, then It says;
[+] Installing Custom IOS, please wait...
>>> Install ERROR! (ret = -2011)

It then claims to have finished successfully. Was that right?

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
k have you restored the trucha bug ? if not run MMM and press Install & Patch IOS36. Then run Remove Stubbed IOS. Once all thats done run the installer under IOS36 then pick IOS38 as base.

polendino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Riley said:
k have you restored the trucha bug ? if not run MMM and press Install & Patch IOS36. Then run Remove Stubbed IOS. Once all thats done run the installer under IOS36 then pick IOS38 as base.

I managed to get a long way with this, and now I have CFGLoader installed on my SD card. Only problem now is, I can't get the 4.7GB .iso onto my 32GB FAT32 USB stick. What are the directory paths for CFGLoader, if there are any, and is there anything other than the .iso I need to put on? (I'm reformatting my USB drive now.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr