Get the Infinite Rocket Launcher in Raid Mode for Resident Evil: Revelations (save hex editing)

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Inochi.no.Zenmai, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Inochi.no.Zenmai
    OP

Inochi.no.Zenmai GBAtemp Regular

Jun 1, 2013
    United States
    Greetings.

I have liked this game since it went out. I still believe is one of the truly best games released for this console. That means I have put a lot of hours into it.

As save editing and cheats have arisen in the past few months, I was surprised to find that this game hasn’t been a big part of it. I have always dreamed with tweaking some things to have extra fun but I couldn’t find anything. So I decided to step ahead and do it on my own. I edited a RE:3 save file for PC a long time ago and couldn’t see the reason why it wouldn’t work on this one. I started to research and found some pretty cool things.

That being said, now let’s get to the point.

You will need

· A way to extract your save file. I used SaveDataFiler with a retail US cart. Now, I don’t know if this method works with non-US versions, or the digital release. I can’t test it. I assume you already know how to extract and restore your saves from/to the game, so I will skip extra explanations about this step.

· A hex editor. I used the freeware XVI32.

· Your PC obviously. And an SD card reader.

Steps
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

This is the first thing I wanted to do, but I have discovered how to get 6 slots to any weapon you want and get it to level 50 as well. I can add it if the interest is high, but it's basically the same thing: overwriting characters. Of course you can mess with a lot more things, like upgrade parts, things for campaign and even missions. I need to start to write everything down -______-

I still don't know how to make any weapon unlimited. Maybe is not possible with this method as the Infinite Rocket Launcher is coded as a different weapon from the regular one. IDK

If someone who can actually code is interested in using these data for a GUI save editor, feel free to write me a PM and I'll share all I've found. There's also a glitch involving the streetpass missions, you can reclaim them over and over for the campaign mode. It is very useful.

I hope the steps are good. Thanks for reading.

MorshumanKL02, kiwiis and mungry like this.
  2. Robmead23

Robmead23 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    Robmead23 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2015
    Great work. I will try this when I get time

3. Roxas is confused

Roxas is confused Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Twlight Town
    Sounds interesting. I'll try this after downloading some custom themes.

4. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    I wish someone made a way to edit the name of the files