• Replies 13
  • Likes 3

_v3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Idk if this was posted but I think I just got rid of the update nag (since it's not appearing anymore).
Anyway, to get rid of the update nag once the notification pops up and asks you if you wanna update your 3DS hit Accept, now it'll tell you to agree to the terms of service, here you hit decline and voila no more nag. I just did this and this is the fifth time (I believe) I turned my 3DS on and no notification.

I hope this is a permanent solution since it's not bothering me anymore be it that my 3DS has wifi on or off
(Blame the android keyboard for any spelling mistakes).

If someone else posted this feel free to delete this mods!

shaosam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I will wait for some other posters to verify this. I'm too paranoid / too much of a pussy to try myself just yet haha.

ludyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm almost sure the nag will appear once everyday or something like this. It won't show up everytime you turn on the console, accepting it on the menu or not.

_v3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I think I will wait for some other posters to verify this. I'm too paranoid / too much of a pussy to try myself just yet haha.
Don't try it I'm not sure if this is a permanent solution, however, so far so good.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
We need a import.db deleter lol.

is this where it goes then? :)
i thought it was some system save file that flags up...
"(Automatic Update uses this, so completing the update takes seconds)" (3dbrew) -- but that is maybe only if the update is already downloaded on your system...?
if it is just a case of wiping the import.db i'll code up a Launcher.dat to do it today :)

Reactions: Margen67

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
is this where it goes then? :)
i thought it was some system save file that flags up...
"(Automatic Update uses this, so completing the update takes seconds)" (3dbrew) -- but that is maybe only if the update is already downloaded on your system...?
if it is just a case of wiping the import.db i'll code up a Launcher.dat to do it today :)
Unfinalized updates are stored alongside current titles and have an entry in import db. When finalized the entry gets copied to title db and new ncch replaces the old one.

So modifying import db, deleting pending ncchs and modifying the save will probably be the cleanest way.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Unfinalized updates are stored alongside current titles and have an entry in import db. When finalized the entry gets copied to title db and new ncch replaces the old one.

So modifying import db, deleting pending ncchs and modifying the save will probably be the cleanest way.

i agree it would be the cleanest, but modifying the save (where ever that flag is kept, if it even is) would be the easiest right now... we just need to find it :(

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nope, some weeks ago I once clicked "Yes" when the update nag appeared in my 3DS and I was freaking out when the Decline/Accept thing appeared. Phew.

I clicked on Decline, and it still nags me to update. Every. day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans