Hacking Get rid of News or Weather Channel ? ? ?

loopguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is it possible to use the wad-uninstaller to delete the news, weather or photo channel?
when i used trucha-signer i'd noticed several wads of news, weather....
may we use these for uninstall or will they cause a brick?

triften

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked the same question in regard to the Photo Channel. From what I've been told, you can only uninstall the 1.1 update patch (if you downloaded it in the first place). I like the News/Weather Channels, but I never use Photo Channel. I'd also like to know a way to get rid of it for good...

Still, how much memory do they actually take up? I know the Photo Channel 1.1 update is a mere 4 blocks.

loopguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
photo channel 1.1 is just a tiny update, i think the whole chan is much bigger, but dunno the real size, would take some nand dumper research....

EDIT:
oh, i see... hadn't expectet to be this small

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has already been discussed. The built in channels take up no space at all.

At most, you'll be gaining about 10MB -- and that's if you prune a lot.

death69inc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a matter for nintendo to fix been bitchign at them for a year to make them where you can delete them ...there is no reason why they must be there other than they want them there lol

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
death69inc said:
this is a matter for nintendo to fix been bitchign at them for a year to make them where you can delete them ...there is no reason why they must be there other than they want them there lol

Like I said earlier, if you don't like them, don't use them.

Drag the channel to another page:

A + B click over the channel, move it to the plus arrow and you can drop it on the next page.

death69inc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but they are still there and yes mine have been dragged to last page where they will stay till they can be deleted for good but I doubt it will even happen as nintendo sucks when it comes to what public wants let me restate that all console companies do not care what people want on or in there systems only care what they want

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
death69inc said:
but they are still there and yes mine have been dragged to last page where they will stay till they can be deleted for good but I doubt it will even happen as nintendo sucks when it comes to what public wants let me restate that all console companies do not care what people want on or in there systems only care what they want

I hope I don't have to say this again:

THEY CAN BE REMOVED! But they take up so little space, who would want to?

You will not be able to add even a single VC title more than you would with them installed, so what's the point?

death69inc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol the point is they are still there lol

it is jsut the piont people dont want htem there and they cant get rid of them without needing to put them back what if i wanted to install every new chan from the shop does the channel pages grow to allow them or are you stuck with the 3 pages? I think it was 3 either case havent tried fuilling them but if it comes down to mario or news taking up space on my menu i rather see mario see what im saying ?

if the more you get the more pages are added then so be it leave them at the ned forever but i shouldnt need to put mario on my sd to add castlevania because weather cant be unistalled not for blocks sake but slot sake

I should say im talking out my azz because I have no clue if pages are added or not I have not tried but I swear I seen all you have is the pages there now . so if slots are limited then you shoudl be able to get rid of all channels except disc and shop

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh.... there's about 64 slots total.

Unless you only install SNES and NES games, you're going to run out of space way before that.

Like I said, the entire system(including news and weather channels) only takes up a maximum of 10MB total.

That's about 15 NES games, but only 2-3 SNES games.

C4B0S3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could the Diskchannel be removed? I would love to see a channelless wii
biggrin.gif

death69inc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
Uh.... there's about 64 slots total.

Unless you only install SNES and NES games, you're going to run out of space way before that.

Like I said, the entire system(including news and weather channels) only takes up a maximum of 10MB total.

That's about 15 NES games, but only 2-3 SNES games.

it could happen only nes t16 snes gen and maybe c64 soon I did say nes games meaning smaller games
but I can happen lol I filled at least 3 pages ran out of space not slots but had larger games installed and a crap load of saves and tickets all clean now

either case it woudl be nice to get rid of the chans for thee fact you dont want them on your wii

owell

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then do it.

All it takes is a NAND dump and making wads(any wad will work) with Title IDs that correspond to the channels.

Run WAD Uninstaller and there you go.

death69inc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadowboy said:
I uninstalled news weather, only 5 blocks each you need to reinstall to play any real wii games from DVD.

Not worth the hassle.

if this is true then doing the ^ task is useless as they will be put right back on ????

If I can remove them to never return then kool ill do it if not why bother
I take it you would need to do this after every update lol

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
death69inc said:
shadowboy said:
I uninstalled news weather, only 5 blocks each you need to reinstall to play any real wii games from DVD.

Not worth the hassle.

if this is true then doing the ^ task is useless as they will be put right back on ????

If I can remove them to never return then kool ill do it if not why bother
I take it you would need to do this after every update lol

Sigh.... now you're finally understanding.....

IT'S NOT WORTH DOING, LET IT GO

/thread

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
I just installed 4 weather/news channels, and the free blocks are exactly the same. That means these channels don't count as "normal" channels.

Also note that "normal" channels have this: 00 01 00 01; when these other ones have this: 00 01 00 02
That will be what makes them install in one part or in the other.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jayparadox said:
I just installed 4 weather/news channels, and the free blocks are exactly the same. That means these channels don't count as "normal" channels.

Also note that "normal" channels have this: 00 01 00 01; when these other ones have this: 00 01 00 02
That will be what makes them install in one part or in the other.

The Wii doesn't count this as channel data, because it's not.

It's system data, which the Wii already reserves space for.

Also, just because you install new channels, doesn't mean it installs new data. You were probably overwriting data that was already there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I will nvr say a FUQing Curse word Again :D