Get Moonshell 1.64b to show up in your games list

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by manlyputter, Jan 20, 2007.

1. manlyputter
    OP

Newcomer manlyputter Newbie

Canada
    So i've managed to patch moonshell to be able to show up in your games list by using the same instructions as stated in the other thread for patching dsorganize. Simply extract all files and copy/paste them inside your NDS directory. Both the shell folder as well as the nds file included should sit inside the NDS folder with all your other games. Enjoy!

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/310081/moonshell.v1.6b4.zip

2. corbs132

Member corbs132 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Awesome, thanks! I'm still stuck on a g6 original... r4 in the mail. (funny how inferior hardware sold for $149 for only 512 MB

3. skullstatue

Banned skullstatue Banned

United States
    The problem is you must select the "add header" function or DLDI type programs will not run. Though you will be able to see the MoonShell icon, you will be unable to run it from the game menu, unless, of course you found a way around this.

4. manlyputter
    OP

Newcomer manlyputter Newbie

Canada
    Oh, well by show up in the games list i also ment selectable [​IMG]. Give this a try, you should be able to run it straight from that menu without any add header stuff.

5. Deaddy

Member Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    That sounds awesome, I'll try it out.

6. Sweater Fish Del

Member Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The same technique can be used to launch any homebrew from the G6 menu. basically, homebrews need to have a 512B loader appended to the beginning in order to be launched from the GBA slot, so you could either choose the Add Header option from the MyCard interface or you can permanently append the loader to the ROM in DOS. Homebrew ROMs with the loader attached are usually named .DS.GBA instead of .NDS, but only .NDS files show up in the G6 menu, so you have to rename the file.

There's a program called G6 Image which will let you make an G6 icon out of any 32x32 BMP, too. Or you could use NDSTOOL to extract the built in icon if there is one and I think there is for Moonshell.

7. askoeho

Newcomer askoeho Newbie

Finland
    If you don't want to "Add header" every time, or you want the software to your games menu, you can just run the .nds file through dsbuild.exe

Look this thread for more info.

8. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    funny! I have always had it in my NDS folder and it could run like other games!