Gaming Get it while it's hot, Metal Gear Solid SE 3D Demo Available NOW

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm actually pretty disappointed with this demo, mainly because of no 4xAA and bad frame rates/drops, the game itself is good though.
But I can't help to feel worried about the quality of titles like Contra 5 or Castlevania which are two of the reasons to why I bought a 3DS in the first place.
After playing RE:Revelations it seems more like a sloppy port than anything, judging from the demo at least.

In RE:R you get like like 10 enemies+co player+big environment on screen at the same time in some of the action parts and that's with AA or 3D on, plus it doesn't lag unless it's loading.
(I'm mainly thinking about episode 3 first and last part, I'm currently playing episode 4.)

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Meh, not that great, graphics are nice but when the 3D is on it's quite hard to see everything clearly but I played with it on anyway.

Your mission is too free some scientist in a building or something, I wasn't paying much attention. If anyone sees you they say "What was that?" or something and you have to duck and wait for them to go "I must have been seeing things." So you go arround shooting people with the tranqillizer and then stab them when they fall asleep and if anyone sees you while moving or without camouflage they shoot back at you.

I got to the bit where the cutscene says "Pretty tight security." and where you can see the building which you're ment to go in and then shot the first guy, went over to stab him and take his amo and then 4 other guys came over and killed me.

It sucks that you can only play it 30 times, I'm going to try and see if there's some kind of hack, or else save my 29 other goes for later.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Finnished the demo:
* You survive way to many shots, I was able to run around like an idiot without dying because they suck on aiming and you don't lose much health when they finally hit you. (and you also self regen some health slowly)
* The graphic in this demo is OK, seing the demo is pretty old the full verison will probably be better. The 3D did it's work well.
* Imao, the demo was really short.
* Being able change camouflage was nice, but I hope it wont be moments in the game were you have to change comouflage every few minutes.
* My favorite part was when I was hanging from the bridge, make snake let go of the hold he had of the bridge and grab the branch growing out the cliff.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finnished the demo:
* You survive way to many shots, I was able to run around like an idiot without dying because they suck on aiming and you don't lose much health when they finally hit you. (and you also self regen some health slowly)
* The graphic in this demo is OK, seing the demo is pretty old the full verison will probably be better. The 3D did it's work well.
* Being able change camouflage was nice, but I hope it wont be moments in the game were you have to change comouflage every few minutes.
* My favorite part was when I was hanging from the bridge, make snake let go of the hold he had of the bridge and grab the branch growing out the cliff.
i tried doing that twice and it failed :\

there are some new "action moves" that werent on the original, and i can see some of the people here didnt played the ps2 version but you are not supposed to kill anybody, its a stealth game not a shooter/action game (in the original you even got bonuses for being a pacifist) doing that is way harder as you need to hide the sleeping bodies and things like that

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Finnished the demo:
i tried doing that twice and it failed :\

there are some new "action moves" that werent on the original, and i can see some of the people here didnt played the ps2 version but you are not supposed to kill anybody, its a stealth game not a shooter/action game (in the original you even got bonuses for being a pacifist) doing that is way harder as you need to hide the sleeping bodies and things like that
I didn't kill anyone nor used the gun, I did knock out a few guys unconscious tho, because they got too close to me and were about to notice me. ='D

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finnished the demo:
You can change the difficulty in the full game. I think it was either on Easy or Normal. On Hard, you die very fast and they will easily see you, even if you are lying in the grass still.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
I love game's like this one, If possible I don't kill people, like in Deus Ex Human Revolution, I got pacifists + Foxiest of the hound etc on first playtrough, though here I tested to run around and try get myself killed+kill people(I was noticed and wanted to die to restart).
The controls without circlepad is kinda awkward though. I gota buy it later (still waiting for my own 3DS to arrive, so tried demo on my brothers 3DS)

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Does it use the CPP?

Downloading now.
It does, but not automatically, after starting the game (when you can start move on snake) pause the game, go to options and go down a bit until you see the "Circle Pad Pro" enable it than you have to calibrate it or something like that.

Karaflaga Tumeeg

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i honestly do not know how to play this game. do i just jump into the other people to make the red numbers vanish?

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i honestly do not know how to play this game. do i just jump into the other people to make the red numbers vanish?

Red numbers?

I assume you mean the alert, you have to flee from the enemies to get rid of the alter status
ah, i see. but it seemed like jumping into the people and knocking them out worked too :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs