Get emulator working with Usb in Uneek DI

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by lex luthor, Nov 6, 2011.

Nov 6, 2011
  1. lex luthor
    OP

Member lex luthor GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have two partitions one where my nand resides and another where I have my roms. How do I access my roms partition with an emulator while using Uneek DI? Every time I try to access the usb is like there isn't an usb device connected.

2. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    Have you tried putting them on your SD? I do not think they can be read from USB; only FST and WBFS are accessible from USB under neek+DI.

I could be wrong but since no homebrew shows up in uneek+di that is located on USB I can't imagine roms showing up since it's part of homebrew.

3. lex luthor
    OP

Member lex luthor GBAtemp Regular

United States
    FYI I'm talking about roms for emulators not Wii backups. The roms work perfectly from a sd. I thought there was some method to make them work from an usb.

4. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Unfortunately, there isn't a method yet. Uneek + DI uses the entire drive as nand (all the partitions, apparently), so it will only read from SD.

It should be possible, though. obcd at one point released some code that would allow it, but it would require a bit of extra code in those emulators.

5. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    So we have an answer :) it's really up to the devs to implement.

6. lucor001

Newcomer lucor001 Member

United States
    Yeah, this was a similar result to what I got to as well. I was going to have everything (Apps, WBFS (waiting for SNEEK+cDI), ROMS, etc...) on USB (1 partition) and have a NAND (s) on SD card. Unfortunately WIIXL/WII7800 (great ported emulators by raz0red) only see games off SD card. WiiColEm and Wii2600 by raz0red has been updated to work, so no issues there. However, I did hear raz0red was going to update the others to allow USB access, but sadly that was a year or more ago (and his post on 7800 said "next week" a year ago :( I'm not complaining though, they're still great emulators). This is also true for jzintvWii (Intellivision) although I don't know anything of it's status for an update.

Most other emulators I've got do work fine in this configuration though (roms on USB): WiiMednafen, UAEWii, frodo, VectrexWii, O2em, blueMSX, FCEUltraGX, Snes9xGX, Wii64, Wiituka, Genesis Plus, WiiColEm, Wii2600 (I think that's all I've tried).

EDIT: Quick thought - I had also heard (I think it was a quote from crediar, but I'm not sure) that it is possible to enable reading from SD Card (in SNEEK) relatively safely in a "Read Only" mode which might fix these issues, but I'm not sure on the status of anyone adding that support. I know this isn't exactly what the OP had in mind - but I figure we were trying to solve the same / similar problem and thought I'd post my solution.