Get an M3 Simply or wait for the M3 Real?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by DarkZero, May 9, 2007.

1. DarkZero
    OP

DarkZero Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2007
    United States
    Will the M3 real be that much better than the Simply and is it worth the wait? I just got a refund for my DS-X and now I'm looking to get a new flash cartridge.

2. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    The M3 Real is not likely to come out for a while. By a while, I mean a long time.

3. DarkZero
    OP

DarkZero Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2007
    United States
    Ok, so then M3 or R4? Is there even a difference?

4. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    There is no real difference between the M3 Simply and the R4 if that's what you mean. The R4 is a bit cheaper, and it gets software updates two days earlier. Aside from that the only difference is the name.

5. Punkrox

Punkrox GBAtemp Regular

Dec 17, 2002
    Canada
    Based on the M3 teams track record? Or do you know something we don't?

6. xply

xply Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2007
    United States
    I actually just ordered an R4, which is basically the same as the m3 simply. I thought about waiting for the m3 Real but decided to order the r4. I figured that since the g6 real and the m3 real are basically the same, with the exception of internal vs. external memory, they did not offer anything different that was not on the list of what the R4 was capable of. I also thought about all this time waiting for the m3 real to finally come out only to see that the g6 real was released to reviewers only. It is unknown when these two products will come out. It has been many months waiting for the m3 real and because I did not have any other flash cart, I was not able to play any of the cool games that came out i.e. pokemon, mario kart, etc. I would recommend going for the m3 simply or r4 just because you would not want to regret the time you spent waiting for these flashcarts to come out.

7. CrEsPo

CrEsPo GBAtemp Regular

Dec 17, 2006
    Canada
    I'm ordering an M3 Simply soon, don't feel like waiting for the M3 Real. It's only $50 anyway, so not that expensive, about the price of a game [​IMG].

8. Hit

Hit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2005
    Netherlands
    Just buy a R4 its the best works with all games, it will do the same as M3 Real(Running all games)

So if i was u buy a R4, i have a R4 also M3 Simply is shit cus it gets updates later then R4 and the updates are the same but bundeled

9. qjopera

qjopera Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2006
    United States
    wait for the m3 real the simply is crap

10. Hareware

Hareware Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2007
    Brazil
    justify your statement

11. joshob2006

joshob2006 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2007
    United States
    The real isnt going to do anything the simply cant. R4 and M3 are the same company so there isnt really a difference except r4 is gay.

12. Sinkhead

Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

Former Staff
    Nov 22, 2006
    Across the pond
    As far as I know the R4 doesn't have a sexual orientation.
    Justify please.
    Or are you just a 5 year old who has just learned the word 'gay' and think it's the most smart and witty insult ever made?

- Sam

13. ZeWarriorReturnz

ZeWarriorReturnz Banned

Banned
    May 10, 2007
    United States
    Your a republican aren't you? I never knew R4 had a gender and that it was a male. Seriously, Grow up.

14. dsbomb

dsbomb GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2007
    United States
    Illinois, USA
    Conduct a science experiment. Put two R4s together in a box with a secret video camera. Then you have your answer.

Everybody knows God only intended R4s to mate with DSes.

15. xabier

xabier GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2006
    The real flashcart is r4, m3 simply is the flashcart that m3 team is using because they were late to de slot1 market. Supercard ds one, ez flash V and g6 real have an actel pro asic 3 fpga, which is better and more powerfull than the one used in the m3 simply/r4 thats why cheats produce lag on r4/m3 and not in others

16. CatScam

CatScam ScamaRama!

Apr 29, 2006
    United States
    Get the R4, it’s the best bang for the buck.

17. cheeo

cheeo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    [​IMG]

18. Shebang

Shebang GBAtemp Fan

Mar 17, 2007
    Belgium
    r4 has more frequent updates. but the m3 is more readily available.

shebang

19. Inbtw33n

Inbtw33n Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2007
    United States
    lol thanks for the laff m8. One should probably get r4 over simply although they are the same, r4 has the earlier updates by a week or something like that. Not much better but it is a little better [​IMG]

20. reemixx

reemixx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2007
    Australia
    Just get whatever is cheaper and available at the time. Doesn't that make the most sense?

I didn't know about the M3 Real until after I ordered my M3 Simply. And I'm kind of glad, too, or I'd be umm'ing and arr'ing about it. It's the same with all technology, no point in waiting for things to get released unless you know for a fact the release date is just around the corner and it's bucket loads better than the current technology.

In this case, I can't justify the time spent waiting and the increased price. Best just to get what you can right now.