get a save file onto an original cartridge?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by android6011, Feb 24, 2009.

1. android6011
    OP

android6011 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2009
    United States
    The save files available on sites like gamefaqs.com , is there a way to get them onto an original game? or are those just for uses on flash cartirdges? what all do I need to get the saves onto the game?

so for example, I have Animal Crossing WW which I bought, how do I get saves from http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/save/920786.html onto the game?

thanks

2. blanco613

blanco613 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2008
    United States
    usa
    only on flashcards

3. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

Aug 19, 2006
    You can copy saves to original carts by using NDS Backup Tool Wifi which you can get here
    Here is a tutorial on how to set it up.

4. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    To expand on Tanas's post, you'll first need to convert the save file from whatever format GameFAQs uses to something a raw save file, which can probably be done with the Shuny online save converter. You will then need a homebrew device in order to load Rudolph's NDS Backup Tool so you can transfer the save to your official cartridge.

5. android6011
    OP

android6011 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2009
    United States
    will I need a slot 2 flash cartridge to be able to use that homebrew app and get the save onto the original game? or can I use the acekard 2 that I already have? thanks

6. Purses

Purses GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2009
    United States
    You use a slot1 card.