MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
3ds_xl_black_open1.png

UK retail outlet GAME has confirmed that it will be offering a trade in deal for the Nintendo 3DS XL which is due for release in the UK on Friday. For those of you willing to part with your original Nintendo 3DS you can pick up the larger model for £79.99. Is anyone looking to trade in their existing console for the Nintendo 3DS XL?

Source

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It seems like a pretty good deal to me, that makes the trade-in value of the 3DS, what, £100 or £120, depending on the price of the 3DS XL + AC adapter?

I was in GAME earlier actually and they had a 3DS XL demo unit.
I've posted photos and impressions over at Nintendo Life's forums.
http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/3ds_xl_demo_unit_at_game_photos_and_impressions

Reactions: 1 person

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I wonder if GAME is doing the same deal + SD transfer in Portugal, i wont be able to confirm until the weekend comes around.
Im working my ass off ....

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Damn... In Sweden (at GAME) we get a "deal" to buy the 3DSXL for £93 if you trade in your 3DS AND buy mario kart 7 for £46.... I hate Swedish GAME.... ripoff

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
bad deal in my opinion

they make the most of there money through used goods as they pay no tax

so they will make loads

Well GAME in UK pay tax on used goods so that statements not true here in UK.

They will sell the console for £109 -20%tax and £79 trade-in value they make at least £24

Moving on............

In the UK a Used 3DS cost around £90 without any games on the open market.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
I went into their store last week and there was a poster up saying they'd do the trade for £94.99 - though that might have been with the charger, which if true, is ridiculous as it means that a charger costs £15... D:

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
bad deal in my opinion

they make the most of there money through used goods as they pay no tax

so they will make loads

Well GAME in UK pay tax on used goods so that statements not true here in UK.

actually they dont

used to work there quite high up and know how it works

when i item is traded in it has already been taxed when it was first sold so it gets no tax when they resell
so its all profit

staff are pushed to sell used good more than new because the company makes the most profit

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
My local Game just closed down due to the fact that a JBHifi just opened up next to them.
I can't blame them though, once JB Hifi opened up I didnt't even look in the direction of game, just walked on into JB Hifi.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
When I traded my DS phat for the DS Lite (only time i've ever done a system trade) they let me do a transfer.

Just wondering, do they let you keep the AC plug from the 3DS? or do you have to trade that in with the console and then buy another?

(seriously Nintendo, just include a damn plug, I can see this pissing off at least some parents not knowing it isn't included)

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My local Game just closed down due to the fact that a JBHifi just opened up next to them.
I can't blame them though, once JB Hifi opened up I didnt't even look in the direction of game, just walked on into JB Hifi.

I went to their site and is $198 (AUD I'm assuming) normal for a 3DS unit? Cause that's how much its going for....on sale.

(198 Australian dollars = 203.6232 US dollars)

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

I went to their site and is $198 (AUD I'm assuming) normal for a 3DS unit? Cause that's how much its going for....on sale.

(198 Australian dollars = 203.6232 US dollars)
The RRP over here after the big price drop is $250AUD
$200 is a good price, although at atleast 1 place at all times you can find a 3DS for that price.

speighty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could anyone tell me if i need my original packaging for the 3ds if i do the trade, a friend of mine asked a manager at game earlier this week and he said no box is needed, just the 3ds, stylus and charger.

Everywhere online states the box is needed, dont want to get there to find i cant do the deal.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought my 3DS XL from Game, this turned out to be an excellent decision.
Even if you are not trading in your original 3DS, there's lots of benefits here.

1: They will give you a free AC adapter with the system. Maybe this is at launch.
2: Console purchases come with a £10 voucher on the receipts. The one I received is good until the 10th of August.
3: You can get a GAME reward card at the same time for free. You get points worth 2.5% of the items you purchase. For the 3DS XL at £179.99, you get £4.50 worth of points. Points go on your card on the day of purchase and can be redeemed the next day.

With the £10 voucher and £4.50 worth of reward points (for the system alone), you can easily grab an eShop card worth £15, for just 50p.

I bought a 3DS XL and two games today actually, with some previous points on the same card, I can save more than £18 on my next purchase from GAME, it's awesome.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
I bought my 3DS XL from Game, this turned out to be an excellent decision.
Even if you are not trading in your original 3DS, there's lots of benefits here.

1: They will give you a free AC adapter with the system. Maybe this is at launch.
2: Console purchases come with a £10 voucher on the receipts. The one I received is good until the 10th of August.
3: You can get a GAME reward card at the same time for free. You get points worth 2.5% of the items you purchase. For the 3DS XL at £179.99, you get £4.50 worth of points. Points go on your card on the day of purchase and can be redeemed the next day.

With the £10 voucher and £4.50 worth of reward points (for the system alone), you can easily grab an eShop card worth £15, for just 50p.

I bought a 3DS XL and two games today actually, with some previous points on the same card, I can save more than £18 on my next purchase from GAME, it's awesome.

You may have just convinced me to get an XL :glare: (now if only i could be bothered to actually go to the store, so much effort :lol: )

Anyone know if I would still get the full reward points if trading in my original 3DS?

EDIT: How do system transfers work? I have alot of stuff on my 3DS that needs to be transferred over (ambassador titles, eshop stuff etc.) Does it all get copied over or is it more of a license transfer thing and i'll need to redownload them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.