-KangaRod-

OP
Trophies
Website
kangarod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Canada
I just sent this e-mail to the EZFlash team. Figured it was worth a post up; and you guys can people people in the direction of this thread if you notice someone thinking about the EZFlash V.

Hello,

I just thought I'd write you an e-mail to let you know my feelings right now. Let me first say that I have bought the following EZFlash products over the course of my life:

2x EzFlash IV

1x EzFlash IV Lite

1x EzFlash IV Lite Compact Deluxe

3x EzFlash V (and 2 3-1 expansion packs)

I just feel cheated to be honest. I've always been a huge advocate of your products, and as you can see I've bought many multiple copies of your products for my friends as well. Well, I got my 3-1 about 3 weeks ago; and I couldn't get the rumble to work, both the carts (1 and 2 ) didn't always register to the DS, and the NorFlash was a joke. I figured it was just growing pains with a slot 1 solution, untill on a whim I ordered an R4DS. I've been using it for about a week, and have had absolutely none of the problems with saving that I had with the EZFlash V. I didn't need to load software on it, and it loads much faster than the EZFlash V. I havn't put a game on it yet that doesn't want to boot (I wish I could say the same for the V) - I just really feel cheated because the EzFlash V is such a second rate product to the R4DS that you really shouldn't be selling it for the same price, let alone more on some sites. The R4 comes in a much nicer package, with a CD, wrist stap, card case and really snazzy microSD reader. Rest assured, I will never even think about touching any products associated with the EZ Flash team, and will do my best to steer everyone away. I'm really sorry, as all the other products were very good to me.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EZFlash are masters of slot-2 carts, that's why the 3-in-1 expansion pack rules so much. They have to learn many things to make a proper slot-1 device though. Well, Supercard failed at their slot-1 too, but they always fail.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Supercard does always fail as they did have the best slot 2 solution for the money. I loved the supercard so much I got the SD, mini and lite versions. The supercard DS is another story though, I got the R4 instead.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What else has RS done? I'd never heard of them untill this cart
I assume you mean R4 and not RS, and R4 has done nothing before the R4DS. Many think that this breakout product is so good because the R4 team is secretly part of GBalpha (the blanket group for M3 and G6) but if they are part of it is not known (though likely as the name is so similar)

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What else has RS done? I'd never heard of them untill this cart

I assume you mean R4 and not RS, and R4 has done nothing before the R4DS. Many think that this breakout product is so good because the R4 team is secretly part of GBalpha (the blanket group for M3 and G6) but if they are part of it is not known (though likely as the name is so similar)

if they are it's a good marketing scheme.

aj421

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just sent this e-mail to the EZFlash team. Figured it was worth a post up; and you guys can people people in the direction of this thread if you notice someone thinking about the EZFlash V.

Hello,

I just thought I'd write you an e-mail to let you know my feelings right now. Let me first say that I have bought the following EZFlash products over the course of my life:

2x EzFlash IV

1x EzFlash IV Lite

1x EzFlash IV Lite Compact Deluxe

3x EzFlash V (and 2 3-1 expansion packs)

I just feel cheated to be honest. I've always been a huge advocate of your products, and as you can see I've bought many multiple copies of your products for my friends as well. Well, I got my 3-1 about 3 weeks ago; and I couldn't get the rumble to work, both the carts (1 and 2 ) didn't always register to the DS, and the NorFlash was a joke. I figured it was just growing pains with a slot 1 solution, untill on a whim I ordered an R4DS. I've been using it for about a week, and have had absolutely none of the problems with saving that I had with the EZFlash V. I didn't need to load software on it, and it loads much faster than the EZFlash V. I havn't put a game on it yet that doesn't want to boot (I wish I could say the same for the V) - I just really feel cheated because the EzFlash V is such a second rate product to the R4DS that you really shouldn't be selling it for the same price, let alone more on some sites. The R4 comes in a much nicer package, with a CD, wrist stap, card case and really snazzy microSD reader. Rest assured, I will never even think about touching any products associated with the EZ Flash team, and will do my best to steer everyone away. I'm really sorry, as all the other products were very good to me.
I hope they got a good english to chinese translator
biggrin.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Many think that this breakout product is so good because the R4 team is secretly part of GBalpha (the blanket group for M3 and G6) but if they are part of it is not known (though likely as the name is so similar)
He's got a point, the names R4 and M3 are really similar. And what are the chances that the M3 team would outsource their first breakthrough into the slot 1 market after all the experience they already racked up on the other M3 products?

Marketing scam to release a "test" slot-1 card, so that if it flopped they could blame the mystical R4 team and still have an audience for their second attempt, the M3 Real? Or maybe an attempt to boost sales of the M3-Real later on when everyone expects a completely different product to roll out? Who knows...

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EZFlash are masters of slot-2 carts, that's why the 3-in-1 expansion pack rules so much. They have to learn many things to make a proper slot-1 device though. Well, Supercard failed at their slot-1 too, but they always fail.
Actually I was surprised at how badly the 3 in 1 performed. The memory expansion was fine but the rumble only works with 2 games and you have to use IPS patches (as far as I can tell) and the GBA game playing is complicated with the save backing up, as well as the fact that you get nasty graphics glitches in the EZ-V menu when the 3 in 1 is plugged in.
EZV_MenuBottom.jpg

- Sam

-KangaRod-

OP
Trophies
Website
kangarod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Canada
Actually I was surprised at how badly the 3 in 1 performed. The memory expansion was fine but the rumble only works with 2 games and you have to use IPS patches (as far as I can tell) and the GBA game playing is complicated with the save backing up, as well as the fact that you get nasty graphics glitches in the EZ-V menu when the 3 in 1 is plugged in.
EZV_MenuBottom.jpg

- Sam
word to that. I was not impressed with it at all.

ceraphis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trolling, but can anyone tell me why they think the R4 is so good, with specific things that stand out as being amazing? I haven't read up on it too much, but by the way people talk about it it makes me think that the evolution of my beloved G6 lite (G6 DS real) won't be even comparable to this R4

darksavior

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G6 DS REAL will have internal memory and cater to those that want to spend almost as much as DS for their "backup" needs. R4 is cheap in price and requires microsd cards. Read up on the gbatemp review.

One aspect of the R4 which i love is that i can drag and drop games without any sort of patching.

ceraphis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the responses

I was under the impression that the drag and drop was a part of all slot1 solutions...am i wrong?

Also, I understand why you said to read the review, but I had already read it before posting.

So with this in mind, let me rephrase and be more specific:

1. It appears to me that most slot1 solutions use microsd, so what makes the R4 better, if at all, in this aspect?

2. Why is the supercard DS one such a let-down for so many people? I was under the impression that there was not much difference in general between many of the slot1 solutions, what makes the R4 better than the supercard DS one specifically?

3. Are there any more big price considerations between the slot1 cards, or is it just DSX and G6 being $100+ whilst the others are sub $50?

4. Is there some sort of interface/customization/compatibility/slot2-interaction differences between R4 and the other cards that make it a better choice?

I guess the big question is this: is the R4 just the best of all the microSD carts by small differences, or does it have very large differences that essentially beg the question: "Why would I buy another card if the R4 is the same price, with huge benefits over the other similarly priced cards?"

-KangaRod-

OP
Trophies
Website
kangarod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not trolling, but can anyone tell me why they think the R4 is so good, with specific things that stand out as being amazing? I haven't read up on it too much, but by the way people talk about it it makes me think that the evolution of my beloved G6 lite (G6 DS real) won't be even comparable to this R4
It works flawlessly. Every game is drag and drop. Every game boots perfect and saves perfect. You don't need to preload an OS onto the card, and it boots up really fast.

I have to give the EZFlash team credit though. They e-mailed me back and apologized already. They said they know that the R4DS is better than the EZFlash V right now, but that they are working on updates and such. They also offered to send me replacements if I would like.

I was just really impressed by the tone of their e-mail and the speed of their reply.

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think that email was a bit uncalled for. I'm not trying to troll on your topic, cos everyone knows I bum the R4 to bits. But each team to their own eh? Sure EZ slot1 solutions aren't holding too strong at the moment, but they've been around for longer than I recall, and their products were revolutionary at the time. Sure, each card has their problems, but there is no need for:
QUOTE said:
and will do my best to steer everyone away
R4 is the best slot1 product, and everyone knows that. So why bother with the inconsiderate email? You are lucky you got such a polite reply back. I know I wouldn't have replied you with that attitude.

edit: typos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1