Get a free copy of Mass Effect 2 with a Dragon Age II purchase

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Guild McCommunist, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States

Any gamer who buys – or has already bought – Dragon Age II can claim a free PC download of Mass Effect 2, developer BioWare has announced.

As detailed on the game's official site, the offer is a thank you for helping the RPG sequel pass the one million sales mark in less than two weeks – a faster pace than predecessor Dragon Age: Origins managed.

To qualify, you'll need to grab the title before 30th April. Once you boot the game up, activate the Online Pass content that came with it and log in using your EA Account. Then head on over to the dedicated BioWare site and, again, log in with your EA Account.

Enter your Online Pass code, hit submit, and you should then be given a Mass Effect 2 download code, redeemable via the EA Download Manager.

The BioWare site also offers instructions for those who've bought the game but lost their Online Pass info, and for those who've picked up a used copy.
    [/p]

Source

Seems like a great deal, DA2 is supposed to be awesome and I can tell you from personal experience that ME2 is amazing. ME2 normally costs like $20 for the PC so you may as well get it for free.

2. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Mass Effect 2 for the PC costs only about £5-10.
    But still a got offer [​IMG].

Too bad I will be pirating Dragon Age for the 360 lol.

3. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Steam has it at $20 USD.

And if you've got a PC able to handle DA2 then most people say the PC version is much better.

4. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    DA2 is better on the PC? Well yeah, my laptop and desktop both should be able to handle it.

Also, amazon.co.uk is selling Mass Effect 2 for £9.99 [​IMG]. Which converted to $ is a few dollars less than steam version lol.

5. Raikiri

Member Raikiri GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    nice deal!
    to bad i already have DA2 on ps3 and ME2 on xbox360 (trying to finish both of em atm [​IMG], damn those games are huuuuge)

6. RNorthex

Member RNorthex GBAtemp Fan

Hungary
    u should go for the pc version imo

mass effect....i did get it and tried it, but...i dunno about it, is it reaaaaally that good that it's a must-have?

7. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Meh, not gonna buy games when Bioware thinks it's acceptable and completely ethical to post false reviews by their own employees on websites like Metacritic.

8. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    I have a buddy who had a similar view, ended up trudging his way through the first game. He loved the sequel though. If you want continuity between the games it's worth making a Shepard that goes through the first game then importing your save to the second for all the little things it adds (and keeping Wrex alive/leaving ashley to die).

So not really a must have unless you care about continuity between sequels.

9. RNorthex

Member RNorthex GBAtemp Fan

Hungary
    well, i did use an original dragon age save[including awakening and all dlcs], but it didn't really do much, i guess alistair counts...but other than that, haven't really seen any changes

10. Eckin

Member Eckin GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I did not enjoy DA2 demo, and based on some (trusted) reviews I heard, the game is pretty boring and the story isn't that good either. Also it looks like vomit unless you have a GPU that supports DX11 (which I don't) for the high definition texture pack.

In my case it would be a better choice to buy 3 copies of Mass Effect 2.

11. SylvWolf

Member SylvWolf Ave Dominus Nox

United States
    I'd be interested if I could do it through Steam, but according to the FAQ it only works with the EA Download Manager. Ah well, I don't have ME1 yet anyway.

12. CCNaru

Member CCNaru Warn-free Since 2005

United States
    I have no money as I bought games for 3DS.