Hacking Get a 2nd Switch? Questions about N Account

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I have a hacked Switch that I only have done save editing on and am keeping that one offline. I am thinking about getting a 2nd Switch and keep that one legit and online. If I get a 2nd Switch, would I be able to create a Nintendo Account on that one and use a different email address? How would I go about doing this? Any help appreciated :)

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can.

1. Obtain a 2nd email address. Try google if you are not sure how.
2. Register for a new Nintendo Account either from a PC or directly on the New Switch.
3. Log into newly created Nintendo Account on new Switch.
4. (Optional) Purchase online services on eshop with Nintendo Account.
5. Play games.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can.

1. Obtain a 2nd email address. Try google if you are not sure how.
2. Register for a new Nintendo Account either from a PC or directly on the New Switch.
3. Log into newly created Nintendo Account on new Switch.
4. (Optional) Purchase online services on eshop with Nintendo Account.
5. Play games.

Ok, thanks for the info! But, won't Nintendo ask me for my name when creating account on new system?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks for the info! But, won't Nintendo ask me for my name when creating account on new system?
Yes they will. Give it to them. I did on my second Switch. In fact I have three Nintendo accounts all using my legal name and have eshop purchases on two of them using the the same credit card.

While you’re at it, why not get 3rd switch?
I did.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell them it is for your Gulfstream V or for Summering in the Hamptons. If you try telling them it is for your girlfriend I am afraid they won’t beleive you and call the Nintendo Cops.

Last edited by thorasgar,
Reactions: Skeet1983

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on man, you have been around here and the 3DS scene long enough to know there are tons of legitimate reasons to have more than one console. If you happen to breed at all is a very good one. Kids don’t like to share and I don’t like sharing with my kids.

Also there are tons of members here that have to buy every dang limited edition 3DS Nintendo cranks out.

Nintendo knows this and is even partially accommodating the situation with things like the Family Plan for Online Services and making it somewhat easy to play your games and saves on whatever switch you want.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares if they ask you why you want a second switch. It's none of their business. Even if they suspected something they dont work for Nintendo.

Reactions: Woody601

Anthraxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I asked the clerk at EB to help me find a console with a particular serial. After explaining the serials I wanted she looked a little confused, so I said it was for an earlier hardware revision that's easier to hack. She thought it was cool and we started talking about the unreleased Odyssey costumes. Game store staff do not give a crap, seriously. Especially if they get paid on comission.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I do get a 2nd Switch, should I use current Nintendo Account I have on 1st Switch, or create a completely new one? If it helps any, I have put 1st Switch in Airplane Mode and also deleted internet connection before I did any hacking. Only hacking I have done is save editing. Thoughts and help appreciated :)

crissal

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When I do get a 2nd Switch, should I use current Nintendo Account I have on 1st Switch, or create a completely new one? If it helps any, I have put 1st Switch in Airplane Mode and also deleted internet connection before I did any hacking. Only hacking I have done is save editing. Thoughts and help appreciated :)
Better to create a new account: if you ever go online and/or get banned with your 1st switch, your 2nd will get banned too.

dimkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Latvia
you need deregister acc from 1st switch to get it working on 2nd
if you are banned on 1st - you cant deregister (or you could try to do it with pain/writing to support)

I've got second switch with stucked acc with some purchased games on 1st. so i've created 2nd acc, because 1st acc wasnt allowed to buy something/redownload bought games on clean 2nd console

Last edited by dimkin,

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I plan to get my 2nd Switch tomorrow, probably new instead of used. In preparation of it, I created a 2nd Nintendo Account using another email address. My 1st Switch is the neon Red/Blue Joycon bundle, will probably go with different color scheme for 2nd Switch. Anyway, this may sound like a stupid question, but can the joycons be switched between systems? I mean, can I use the Red/Blue Joycons that are on current Switch with the new one I plan to purchase?

Second question/concern: My current Switch is on 5.1.0 Firmware and is in Airplane Mode with internet connection deleted. The only hacking I have done with it is save editing. I don't play game backups, etc. I don't think I am banned yet because I can still access that Switch's Nintendo Account through their website. I don't plan to go online with that Switch until if/when emuNAND is ready. My question is, should I still get 2nd Switch? If yes, should I still keep 1st Switch offline?

Thoughts and help on all of this greatly appreciated :)

crissal

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys. I plan to get my 2nd Switch tomorrow, probably new instead of used. In preparation of it, I created a 2nd Nintendo Account using another email address. My 1st Switch is the neon Red/Blue Joycon bundle, will probably go with different color scheme for 2nd Switch. Anyway, this may sound like a stupid question, but can the joycons be switched between systems? I mean, can I use the Red/Blue Joycons that are on current Switch with the new one I plan to purchase?

Second question/concern: My current Switch is on 5.1.0 Firmware and is in Airplane Mode with internet connection deleted. The only hacking I have done with it is save editing. I don't play game backups, etc. I don't think I am banned yet because I can still access that Switch's Nintendo Account through their website. I don't plan to go online with that Switch until if/when emuNAND is ready. My question is, should I still get 2nd Switch? If yes, should I still keep 1st Switch offline?

Thoughts and help on all of this greatly appreciated :)
1) Don't know for sure but controllers are just that, controllers, so you can carry from a system to another one without problems. The only known issue is if you modded your joy-con (RCM jig inside the right controller), and with 6.0 it stops working.
2) There is people banned 'cause of homebrews, not nsp/xci, so I don't really know what to tells you. The problem itself it's the cfw, not (only) the nsp installed/played on your sys. So, likely, your switch can be banned.
If you want to hear my opinion, for playing online you need a legit console with no hack at all, and for backups, homebrews and so on you can just use your first console; or, for saving money, you can just connect online and play with your current console until you (eventually) get banned; in this case I suggest you to buy retail games, not digital, for not wasting money in the future.

Woody601

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Don't know for sure but controllers are just that, controllers, so you can carry from a system to another one without problems. The only known issue is if you modded your joy-con (RCM jig inside the right controller), and with 6.0 it stops working.
2) There is people banned 'cause of homebrews, not nsp/xci, so I don't really know what to tells you. The problem itself it's the cfw, not (only) the nsp installed/played on your sys. So, likely, your switch can be banned.
If you want to hear my opinion, for playing online you need a legit console with no hack at all, and for backups, homebrews and so on you can just use your first console; or, for saving money, you can just connect online and play with your current console until you (eventually) get banned; in this case I suggest you to buy retail games, not digital, for not wasting money in the future.
I have played tons of mods with LayeredFS on airplane mode, and I haven't been banned yet when going back online, going back to play Splatoon 2, to be exact. Although I was dumb enough to update to 6.0, do you think that I will be banned if and when LayeredFS gets working again for 6.x, and continue to do what I've been doing? Let me know your thoughts on this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things