• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Georgia New World Order Monuments Peacefully Bombed

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, no one cares if you enjoy history or studying it there bub, left included. People just don't like statues of evil people being propped up, just like they didn't like having statues of Lenin, Stalin, Hussein, and Hitler and the people that were oppressed or who's family had suffered from said oppression tore down their statues.

Yet, even though their statues have been gone for years, you can still learn their history quite easily.

Here I will even help you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_E._Lee

See how easy that is? Now all you have to do is drag your mouse cursor over the link and click it, and you can read all about the person's who's statue was removed and the amazing thing is, you can do that with literally anyone or any event from history as we know it now.

However, I doubt you were ever wanting to have a serious discussion and just want to screech "ThE lEfT", which is slowly becoming more typical of accounts that have hardly any activity, except political talk and/or are new accounts.

But hey since you brought it up, remind me again who it is that want to rename slavery and soften/erase history recently?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/texas-b...erm-slavery-to-involuntary-relocation.614899/
Many poor people do not have access to the internet. You assuming they do is very elitist of you. It also says a lot about you that you feel you have to be offended on other peoples' behalf. Most people had no problems with these statues or something would have been done in the last 120 years.

They received a proposal from 9 educators to make the change, but I can't find who they are. If I was a betting man, I would bet that it gets shot down. I'm all for keeping the term slavery. I'm also all for pointing out who were the slave owners, the ones who created the KKK, the ones who tried to keep the South segregated and the ones who advocate for killing 70 million black babies over the last 50 years. Hint, they are the same people.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, no one cares if you enjoy history or studying it there bub, left included. People just don't like statues of evil people being propped up, just like they didn't like having statues of Lenin, Stalin, Hussein, and Hitler and the people that were oppressed or who's family had suffered from said oppression tore down their statues.

Yet, even though their statues have been gone for years, you can still learn their history quite easily.

Here I will even help you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_E._Lee

See how easy that is? Now all you have to do is drag your mouse cursor over the link and click it, and you can read all about the person's who's statue was removed and the amazing thing is, you can do that with literally anyone or any event from history as we know it now.

However, I doubt you were ever wanting to have a serious discussion and just want to screech "ThE lEfT", which is slowly becoming more typical of accounts that have hardly any activity, except political talk and/or are new accounts.

But hey since you brought it up, remind me again who it is that want to rename slavery and soften/erase history recently?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/texas-b...erm-slavery-to-involuntary-relocation.614899/
This. Leftists are in majority from academia and we'd all love more people to love history. It's when people want to idolize certain periods of history and make us emulate them, such as nazi Germany, pre-civil war America, fictionalized "trad Rome" and so on, that there's a problem.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. Leftists are in majority from academia and we'd all love more people to love history. It's when people want to idolize certain periods of history and make us emulate them, such as nazi Germany, pre-civil war America, fictionalized "trad Rome" and so on, that there's a problem.
Idolize... that word you keep using. I don't think it means what you think it means.

It's like you people just make shit up to get outraged about. It must be exhausting.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
For some reason they seem OK with Stalin, Pol Pot, Hugo Chavez, etc. If they are so knowledgable of history, why are they pushing for repeats of those mistakes?

Reactions: zfreeman

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most interesting part of this story that has not been mentioned here so far to my knowledge is that the authorities came and bulldozed the rest of it down the following day without even doing an investigation or even gathering evidence. I find that kinda weird.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of them. What power do they have? How large are their numbers?
ewoJICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICJidWNrZXQiOiAiZmlsZXMubGJyLmNsb3VkIiwKCSAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAia2V5IjogInB1YmxpYy9yc253aWN3aXA4cGx2aHJnYmVkdS5qcGciLAoJICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICJlZGl0cyI6IHsKCSAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICJyZXNpemUiOiB7CgkgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICJ3aWR0aCI6IDk0NSwKCSAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgImhlaWdodCI6IDUyNiwKCSAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgImZpdCI6ICJjb3ZlciIKCSAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgIH0KCSAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICB9CgkgICAgICAgICAgICB9

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not outraged about statues of Democrats being torn down. You were outraged enough to tear them down.
You weren't outraged about it, but you spent the last few replies to me before this explaining how you were upset about them being torn down "because they erasing history" and how it interfered with your ability to enjoy history as well.

Do you enjoy lying or is it just second nature to you by now?

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You weren't outraged about it, but you spent the last few replies to me before this explaining how you were upset about them being torn down "because they erasing history" and how it interfered with your ability to enjoy history as well.

Do you enjoy lying or is it just second nature to you by now?
My initial comment was just making a comparison. I do not get outraged on this forum because I know that none of you are to be taken seriously.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoever came up with these new commandments was batshit crazy. Just look at this image:

georgiaguidestone-2-1024x720.jpg

Why are they so worried about the population? The world isn't theirs to dictate how many people can live. I'm sorry to be rude, but those who want population control, go fuck themselves.

Microsoft's Mr. Wannabe Steve Jobs is also interested in that.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is capitalism in any danger of going extinct? Then no. "One world government" in practice would just be a collective of corporations, after all.

A smaller global population, now that's something I can throw my support behind. If we keep going on the current trajectory, eventually the choice is going to be taken out of our hands anyway.
For that to happen, you'd have to give up your life.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There is literally nothing of value or harm to these random "guidestones" in the middle of fucking nowhere, I have never once understood why so many people have obsessed about them. Are we in the "words of a stone are harmful and must be taken down" stage of late stage capitalism now?
Because conspiracy nutjobs believe everything is a conspiracy for something stupid like "Globalist new world order" or something stupid.

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good riddance. Made by a David Duke fan. Also the 'commandments' he wrote are just Reddit utopia quips.

Last edited by WeedZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol