• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Georgia New World Order Monuments Peacefully Bombed

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on guys, a random person engrave a rock and put it in the middle of nowhere. 30ish years later a random person damages it, and that is the end of story. We don't need to go any further.

Discussing what was written there is the same of discussing what is written on the doors of a public bathroom. It is pointless, nobody follows that, there is no real traction for those ideas, it is just a one-person's ideas, that we don't even know if it is a genuine idea, a prank, a joke or whatever.
Genuinely, no one seems to explain why they're offended by the stones. Maybe they can't articulate in any meaningful way why words on a rock are so bad they HAVE to be bombed.

Reactions: brickmii82 and Xzi

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a good reason that a one world government is a bad idea, and that is accountability. People all over the world can barely hold their local and national governments accountable. How much harder would it be to hold people accountable that are so far removed from the populace? Even worse would be if that government was truly being run by a bunch of unelected agencies the way the US federal government is?
Oh I'm not saying it's a good or bad idea, I just think it's hilarious that people dedicate their lives to being fearful of such a thing. So much so that we must destroy some stone slabs lol. Sounds like the set up to some bad Indiana Jones movie lol.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I'm not saying it's a good or bad idea, I just think it's hilarious that people dedicate their lives to being fearful of such a thing. So much so that we must destroy some stone slabs lol. Sounds like the set up to some bad Indiana Jones movie lol.
I felt the same way towards the Civil War monuments that were torn down. People actually thought they were gonna end racism if those statues were gone.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I felt the same way towards the Civil War monuments that were torn down. People actually thought they were gonna end racism if those statues were gone.
For me that's apples an oranges, the tragedies of the Civil War can't be denied. Worries of a New World Order may have genuine roots in reality (but much more easily may just be nothing more than conspiracy nonsense that some people with a tiny bit of power tease those gullible enough to buy into it by creating dumb giant stones and the like), but this belief simply can't be definitively proven so, and as such to say the known tragedies of the Civil War are on the same level of the hypothetical tragedies that the supposed movement toward a New World Order has brought is hilarious to even attempt to equate.

Reactions: Xzi

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me that's apples an oranges, the tragedies of the Civil War can't be denied. Worries of a New World Order may have genuine roots in reality (but much more easily may just be nothing more than conspiracy nonsense that some people with a tiny bit of power tease those gullible enough to buy into it by creating dumb giant stones and the like), but this belief simply can't be definitively proven so, and as such to say the known tragedies of the Civil War are on the same level of the hypothetical tragedies that the supposed movement toward a New World Order has brought is hilarious to even attempt to equate.
The tragedies of the Civil War has no effect on anybody alive today. People just need to be victims to feel important. If you think the central bankers, who have banks in every single country loaning money when they print it and earning interest and paying for both sides of every war have only a tiny bit of power, then you are not paying attention.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The tragedies of the Civil War has no effect on anybody alive today. People just need to be victims to feel important. If you think the central bankers, who have banks in every single country loaning money when they print it and earning interest and paying for both sides of every war have only a tiny bit of power, then you are not paying attention.
OK bud, I'm not gonna waste both our time debating why something honoring men that we know killed other Americans is not the same as a vague slab (that legit was probably nothing more than a troll) giving vague ideas of what a future utopia would look like. The 2 aren't even remotely on the same level, and to try and argue otherwise is hilarious.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK bud, I'm not gonna waste both our time deabting why something honoring men that we know killed other Americans is not the same as a vague slab (that legit was probably nothing more than a troll) giving vague ideas of what a future utopia would look like. The 2 aren't even remotely on the same level, and to try and argue otherwise is hilarious.
You don't know anything about the Guidestones when you use words like probably to make a comment. Come back with some facts.

The statues were not there to honor those men. They were there so people would not forget history. Only fasicsts, communists and ISIS destroy history so they can change it to fit their narratives. It's the same when the corporate media does stealth edits to their stories with zero annotation to hide their previous lies after everybody already believes them.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't know anything about the Guidestones when you use words like probably to make a comment. Come back with some facts.

The statues were not there to honor those men. They were there so people would not forget history. Only fasicsts, communists and ISIS destroy history so they can change it to fit their narratives. It's the same when the corporate media does stealth edits to their stories with zero annotation to hide their previous lies after everybody already believes them.
Well you're definitely proving me right lol, trying to equate the two is genuinely hilarious.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We need cool stuff like this mural from the Simpsons.

ezgif-3-a7fc2a3251.jpg

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They were there so people would not forget history.
I know it is just so sad how we have no other ways of recording history in any form like books, pictures, or any other medium....I mean the statues are the ONLY way we will EVER remember slavery and the people that committed those crimes against humanity. All that history is just GONE now.

OH WAIT, nope I definitely learned this from a history book in multiple grades so damn.....and well....wouldn't you know books and PDFS of history books exist even now that cover these events as well, there are even ones with pictures too. Fuck man, I guess history wasn't destroyed because some statues of slavers were taken down.

I really hope you were this upset when statues of Lenin, Stallin, Hussein, and Hitler/Nazi Symbols were taken down or well because otherwise this statement just makes you and every person that parrots it just look like major, willfully ignorant hypocrites.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it is just so sad how we have no other ways of recording history in any form like books, pictures, or any other medium....I mean the statues are the ONLY way we will EVER remember slavery and the people that committed those crimes against humanity. All that history is just GONE now.

OH WAIT, nope I definitely learned this from a history book in multiple grades so damn.....and well....wouldn't you know books and PDFS of history books exist even now that cover these events as well, there are even ones with pictures too. Fuck man, I guess history wasn't destroyed because some statues of slavers were taken down.

I really hope you were this upset when statues of Lenin, Stallin, Hussein, and Hitler/Nazi Symbols were taken down or well because otherwise this statement just makes you and every person that parrots it just look like major, willfully ignorant hypocrites.
By that logic, lets tear down every single museum since we have books and pdf's. Would be a shame to just be able to walk around a city and read plaques from statues about stuff that happened there. That would too convenient.

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By that logic, lets tear down every single museum since we have books and pdf's. Would be a shame to just be able to walk around a city and read plaques from statues about stuff that happened there. That would too convenient.
It would be great if they weren't statues of slavers and those traitors that defended it as well and something that stood as a sign of positivity of what came after, but you lot really do love having idols of traitors and villains standing up so much.

Also, by my logic of what exactly? That I don't think statues and idols of said traitors and villains should stand and their atrocities should be taught through actually classes and literature instead of letting them stand as if they were some hero or did good for their area. country, etc.

As for convenience, you act as if it is really a strain to take 5 seconds out of your life to google "What happened in the American Civil War?" and not immediately find all the facts in an instant so your argument of convenience is as laughable as your outrage of a traitor and villains statue being torn down.

Now as for the fact of knowing information, please, most of these have short sentences IF that your just has the name of the person and their birthday and nothing more, so what OH SO IMPORTANT information can I gleam from that. Does it tell me what they did, what their role was, what exactly happened at whatever supposed event they were in, or how they are actually of significance?

Finally, as for tearing down museums, nah, because they contain a wealth of information, artifacts, and more that actually contribute to knowledge and give descriptions of what really went down in history as well, nor do they propagate or pretend that anything representing a person or people should be viewed as reason to hero worship them either.

Sorry that it is hard on you that the statues of one of your heroes was destroyed and it made you extremely upset, but maybe consider not making heroes of slavers, traitors, and terrible people next time.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be great if they weren't statues of slavers and those traitors that defended it as well and something that stood as a sign of positivity of what came after, but you lot really do love having idols of traitors and villains standing up so much.

Also, by my logic of what exactly? That I don't think statues and idols of said traitors and villains should stand and their atrocities should be taught through actually classes and literature instead of letting them stand as if they were some hero or did good for their area. country, etc.

As for convenience, you act as if it is really a strain to take 5 seconds out of your life to google "What happened in the American Civil War?" and not immediately find all the facts in an instant so your argument of convenience is as laughable as your outrage of a traitor and villains statue being torn down.

Now as for the fact of knowing information, please, most of these have short sentences IF that your just has the name of the person and their birthday and nothing more, so what OH SO IMPORTANT information can I gleam from that. Does it tell me what they did, what their role was, what exactly happened at whatever supposed event they were in, or how they are actually of significance?

Finally, as for tearing down museums, nah, because they contain a wealth of information, artifacts, and more that actually contribute to knowledge and give descriptions of what really went down in history as well, nor do they propagate or pretend that anything representing a person or people should be viewed as reason to hero worship them either.

Sorry that it is hard on you that the statues of one of your heroes was destroyed and it made you extremely upset, but maybe consider not making heroes of slavers, traitors, and terrible people next time.
TL;dr.

I just enjoy history. To the left, that is a crime.

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TL;dr.

I just enjoy history. To the left, that is a crime.
Yeah, no one cares if you enjoy history or studying it there bub, left included. People just don't like statues of evil people being propped up, just like they didn't like having statues of Lenin, Stalin, Hussein, and Hitler and the people that were oppressed or who's family had suffered from said oppression tore down their statues.

Yet, even though their statues have been gone for years, you can still learn their history quite easily.

Here I will even help you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_E._Lee

See how easy that is? Now all you have to do is drag your mouse cursor over the link and click it, and you can read all about the person's who's statue was removed and the amazing thing is, you can do that with literally anyone or any event from history as we know it now.

However, I doubt you were ever wanting to have a serious discussion and just want to screech "ThE lEfT", which is slowly becoming more typical of accounts that have hardly any activity, except political talk and/or are new accounts.

But hey since you brought it up, remind me again who it is that want to rename slavery and soften/erase history recently?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/texas-b...erm-slavery-to-involuntary-relocation.614899/

Last edited by SonowRaevius,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y