OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He has something to say:

MISS ME YET?
1531288123773.jpg
Lament Lucasfilm's recent downward spiral, post Prequel and OT memes, critique Disney bullshittery, and roast and/or lampoon Rian "Soy" Johnson Kathleen Kennedy, Chuck "hack of an author" Wendig as well as Bob "the money hoarder" Iger here.

Megadriver94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing what he did in the later years with both the films and games I can't say that I do.
I had little to no problem with the games that directly touched upon the prequels. Also, did you watch all 3 prequel films or only TPM?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Now for this.
George VS Rian.jpg

Reactions: Subtle Demise

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had little to no problem with the games that directly touched upon the prequels. Also, did you watch all 3 prequel films or only TPM?
I was thinking more the fate of lucasarts. Game wise if restricting it to the prequel films they mostly felt weak. I can see people having some fondness for pod racer (and the flying one on the N64) but all the others did little and less for me compared to other things I was playing at the time.

Saw the first of the prequels in the cinema. I was never a fan of star wars (was not old enough to see the first trilogy in the cinema, was too old by the time the prequels hit so while I had no sense of betrayal I guess would be the best word I was in no way awestruck), indeed the main thing I know Star Wars from is games like Dark Forces, probably more so than the initial trilogy which was just a film franchise that was popular like any number of others. Second was probably VHS one time when renting something. Initially could not be bothered to do the third having not enjoyed the others but some years later I was at my grandparent's house and had otherwise rinsed their DVD collection so in the name of science I thought why not... it was a mistake.
If the prequels are supposed to be an example of a good director then I am not sure what to think. I have yet to see any of the newer films and doubt I ever will -- not even in the name of science. However people that I have consistently had similar opinions on have gone over the problems with the films and I have no reason to disbelieve them. With that being the case I can well believe they are inexcusably atrocious pieces of junk where the prequel started off as a mediocre sci fi film that suffered under the hype train and got worse from there. Still does not make the prequels retroactively good. Also "used politics to promote worldbuilding and expand the universe" might be a good idea, the execution thereof though...

Megadriver94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking more the fate of lucasarts. Game wise if restricting it to the prequel films they mostly felt weak. I can see people having some fondness for pod racer (and the flying one on the N64) but all the others did little and less for me compared to other things I was playing at the time.

Saw the first of the prequels in the cinema. I was never a fan of star wars (was not old enough to see the first trilogy in the cinema, was too old by the time the prequels hit so while I had no sense of betrayal I guess would be the best word I was in no way awestruck), indeed the main thing I know Star Wars from is games like Dark Forces, probably more so than the initial trilogy which was just a film franchise that was popular like any number of others. Second was probably VHS one time when renting something. Initially could not be bothered to do the third having not enjoyed the others but some years later I was at my grandparent's house and had otherwise rinsed their DVD collection so in the name of science I thought why not... it was a mistake.
If the prequels are supposed to be an example of a good director then I am not sure what to think. I have yet to see any of the newer films and doubt I ever will -- not even in the name of science. However people that I have consistently had similar opinions on have gone over the problems with the films and I have no reason to disbelieve them. With that being the case I can well believe they are inexcusably atrocious pieces of junk where the prequel started off as a mediocre sci fi film that suffered under the hype train and got worse from there. Still does not make the prequels retroactively good. Also "used politics to promote worldbuilding and expand the universe" might be a good idea, the execution thereof though...
OK, suit yourself

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KotOR and be done with it; Episode 9 will literally be:
Starring:
Ass Hole
Ass Cakes
Ass Bucket
Ass Cheeks
Ass Ass

Directed by:
Ass Inatoilet
Ass Sorryass
Ass Fucked
Ass Licked

Money thrown by:
Disney™, megadivision of˜šqÓ & CumSqueegee on your favorite old-timey films.

After the credits:
54eea77af8afb665672d598528298708.gif

Indy Pwns-a-jones: The New Buttsex Adventure: Fucking Your Memories Of Good Stuff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see that working, but they'd need to incorporate 1+2 into a cohesive film. Then, a third movie with a game that features side-stories......and I guess they could put that on a DX thing on the bluray.
Oh you were talking about making it into a movie? Nah, they'd botch it for sure.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Although it would be nice to see how Revan and the Exile's journeys turned out.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh you were talking about making it into a movie? Nah, they'd botch it for sure.
Although it would be nice to see how Revan and the Exile's journeys turned out.

Oh definitely a movie--these assclowns don't have the vision to keep the dream going; it's time to wake up. There's more than enough source material. They could even do something with the other books.....they won't but....you know.
I figure with KotOR, there's already a visual idea and they could try to work with that. I know they'd probably buttfuckit like Rampage and Rampage 2018
233o2c.jpg
though......we could hope not. I'd even take Force Unleashed at this point.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Megadriver94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No more movies please. Enough is enough. Star Wars sucks now.
When did outright go down for you? 2014? 2015 when TFA came out in theaters? Or 2017 when the TLJ came into theaters? For me, it when overboard big time in 2017 with The Last Jedi, and went down further with the theatrical Ron Howard cut of SOLO: A Star Wars story.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
When did outright go down for you? 2014? 2015 when TFA came out in theaters? Or 2017 when the TLJ came into theaters? For me, it when overboard big time in 2017 with The Last Jedi, and went down further with the theatrical Ron Howard cut of SOLO: A Star Wars story.
I haven't watched anything beyond the first 6 movies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: