Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ah sucks, don't have the wii version
frown.gif

Well... im trying to beat the 1st dude (im 2nd) on Claduo, 2nd galaxy.

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Right, that's why I couldn't find the friend codes.... lol.
@Opium SOLUTION!!! No WPA lol.
Seriously though, anything but WPA is a liability, I wonder if nintendo could enable it with a firmware update or something.
IDEA!!!! Download Station at EB Games etc with a firmware update. Or an update via Wii for those fortunate enough.

Lanfear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People fret over network security for no reason. Just monitor what mac addresses are attached to your network. Limit them to only the devices you want. Problem solved.

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
@4salen: WEP is so easily broken, it might as well not be there, it will only deter opportunistic wireless theifs, anyone who tries for 5 minutes or so could get in easy.
@Lanfear: Mac addresses can be easily faked, I know, I steal my neighbors wireless. (What a bad person)

GrayFox Cap

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
As fragile as WEP is... it's better than nothing. I have a few routers on my home network.

I have one wireless one running WEP that I only plug in (power on) when I want to use it (ie NDS WiFi). During that time it is on, it's good enough to keep drive-by war-drivers away since they could easily just connect to someone else's open network.

I have another router that runs WPA, which is better than WEP if only by a little bit. This is also left unplugged and only used when I want to connect to the internets with my laptop/iPod touch/Wii.

My main router, which is always on, is wired only.

Are WEP and WPA a liability? Sure, just keep an eye on it though. Filter MACs, pick a different IP range (ie. NOT 192.168.0.0 or 192.168.1.0) and use static IPs (turn off DHCP), check your "Connected Hosts (or whatever)" list, change the passcode once-in-a-while, turn off SSID broadcast and setup the connections manually...

Most of these are trumped if a handful of packets at sniffed... but that's solved by turning off your wireless when you aren't using it.

Loginer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering, does anyone else see a quotation mark in front of the "Sierra Entertainment" before starting the game? And is it supposed to be there?

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I have read elsewhere, the DS Hardware couldn't handle WPA encryption in addition to regular functionality, so they didn't support it. It will most likely be in the DS successor, of course.

Plz someone make a homebrew of Tempest 2k for the DS!

Ph1l0z0ph3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. ATTACK: The DRONE will stay next to the player ship, shooting in the same direction, boosting the forward facing firepower of the player. As this behavior increases in power, the DRONE'S weapon will become more powerful and its forwards facing aim will become more accurate and it will widen it's spread of fire.

2. DEFEND: The DRONE sticks to the rear of the player ship, shooting behind. This behavior will start out with the DRONE only shooting directly backwards, building to the DRONE being able to snipe within a wider arc, making its rear defense more effective. It will also benefit from increasingly more powerful weapons

3. COLLECT: The DRONE does not have a weapon, instead it seeks out and collects GEOMs from the grid space. As this powers up, the DRONE will make quicker direction decisions, speed up and be able to collect more GEOMs.

4. SWEEP: The DRONE cannot fire, but instead continually orbits the player, smashing enemies that get in its way. As the upgrade builds, the radius of orbit decreases and speed increases, making the DRONE into a useful, shield like defense, especially in a thick group of enemies.

5. RAM: Like SWEEP, the DRONE does not fire, but instead targets enemies around the player and rams them, killing them like a jack hammer. As the upgrade builds, the DRONE will take longer trips away from the player, with a wider targeting arc and an ability to prioritize harder to kill enemies.

6. SNIPE: This relies on the DRONE using the new BEAM weapon to snipe high priority targets. Based on a simple order of danger, the DRONE will target and snipe targets with its focused beam, which because of its sustained damage, can eliminate a multi-hit enemy in a single attack. As the upgrade builds, the targeting and target choosing will improve, with the fully powered sniper able to pick off hard targets.

7. SENTRY: The DRONE has the ability to deploy as a sentry gun and then attempt to destroy targets within 360 of its vision, at a fixed distance away. As the upgrade builds, the distance it can target and the frequency of firing increases. As does the frequency and time of deployment.

8. BAIT: The DRONE can take on a player-like attract behavior. It will switch on this ability and lure attracted enemies away from the player ship, allowing the player to move more safely and pick off resulting clusters. As the ability upgrades the frequency and duration of BAIT behavior increases.

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
i really like you're avatar scarlem

anyway i didn't notice gemotry wars was released yet lol i'v been waiting for it awhile now. so thanks to this topic i found it has been released, im now off to play

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. ATTACK: The DRONE will stay next to the player ship, shooting in the same direction, boosting the forward facing firepower of the player. As this behavior increases in power, the DRONE'S weapon will become more powerful and its forwards facing aim will become more accurate and it will widen it's spread of fire.

2. DEFEND: The DRONE sticks to the rear of the player ship, shooting behind. This behavior will start out with the DRONE only shooting directly backwards, building to the DRONE being able to snipe within a wider arc, making its rear defense more effective. It will also benefit from increasingly more powerful weapons

3. COLLECT: The DRONE does not have a weapon, instead it seeks out and collects GEOMs from the grid space. As this powers up, the DRONE will make quicker direction decisions, speed up and be able to collect more GEOMs.

4. SWEEP: The DRONE cannot fire, but instead continually orbits the player, smashing enemies that get in its way. As the upgrade builds, the radius of orbit decreases and speed increases, making the DRONE into a useful, shield like defense, especially in a thick group of enemies.

5. RAM: Like SWEEP, the DRONE does not fire, but instead targets enemies around the player and rams them, killing them like a jack hammer. As the upgrade builds, the DRONE will take longer trips away from the player, with a wider targeting arc and an ability to prioritize harder to kill enemies.

6. SNIPE: This relies on the DRONE using the new BEAM weapon to snipe high priority targets. Based on a simple order of danger, the DRONE will target and snipe targets with its focused beam, which because of its sustained damage, can eliminate a multi-hit enemy in a single attack. As the upgrade builds, the targeting and target choosing will improve, with the fully powered sniper able to pick off hard targets.

7. SENTRY: The DRONE has the ability to deploy as a sentry gun and then attempt to destroy targets within 360 of its vision, at a fixed distance away. As the upgrade builds, the distance it can target and the frequency of firing increases. As does the frequency and time of deployment.

8. BAIT: The DRONE can take on a player-like attract behavior. It will switch on this ability and lure attracted enemies away from the player ship, allowing the player to move more safely and pick off resulting clusters. As the ability upgrades the frequency and duration of BAIT behavior increases.
Thank you so much. I was looking for what each of them did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv