Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geohotheaderimg530px1234.jpg
Yesterday, the ballad of hacker George "Geohot" Hotz and his ongoing legal struggle with Sony took a bizarre turn, when the latter claimed Hotz had hampered "jurisdictional discovery" by removing parts of his overturned hard drives, and is currently avoiding trial in South America. Recently, Hotz' legal counsel Stewart Kellar responded to these claims, explaining, "The notion that George has fled the country is absurd."

Kellar added, "George is in South America to see a friend, on a trip he planned before this lawsuit ever began." With regards to the claim that Hotz had sabotaged the hard drives he turned over to Sony, Kellar said Sony is "using intentionally ambiguous language" to turn public opinion against Hotz. "The 'components' SCEA is talking about are hard drives' controller cards," he said, claiming that they had been supplied to the prosecutor.

We've once again contacted Sony for a response (to this response), but given their policy for not commenting on legal issues, we won't bother crossing our fingers.[/p]
icon11.gif
Source (Joystiq)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So question...
Where are all the people who verbally crucified George Hotz for "Fleeing the country" and "Sabotaging evidence" now?

I should add that when the "news" (amazing how we still call misinformation "news") first broke on this, saying that he "sabotaged" the harddrives by "physically removing components", I found it odd that this was the FIRST we were hearing of it, considering they've had the harddrives for how long now?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
So question...
Where are all the people who verbally crucified George Hotz for "Fleeing the country" and "Sabotaging evidence" now?

I should add that when the "news" (amazing how we still call misinformation "news") first broke on this, saying that he "sabotaged" the harddrives by "physically removing components" that this was the FIRST we were hearing of it, considering they've had the harddrives for how long now?
Probably sitting in their basements finding ways to make Geohot look even worse.

I personally don't give a shit about him, but I can still easily say that the things that people say about him is too much.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
So question...

It was all just pure assumption. I had updated my topic ("GeoHot Flees to South America?") last night with basically the same info but provided from IGN who spoke with a rep.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
Kellar added, "George is in South America to see a friend, on a trip he planned before this lawsuit ever began." With regards to the claim that Hotz had sabotaged the hard drives he turned over to Sony, Kellar said Sony is "using intentionally ambiguous language" to turn public opinion against Hotz. "The 'components' SCEA is talking about are hard drives' controller cards," he said, claiming that they had been supplied to the prosecutor.

The spin machine is really in full effect if you check places like NeoGAF...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oveneise said:
Sounds reasonable. But I think this case calls for a more technical-savvy judge that knows what he's doing. Even this man would be better:

JIMMY_mcmillan-two.jpg
I'd personally be happy with an actual JUDGE and not just a Magistrate, especially one who's in the pocket of Sony.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Oveneise said:
Sounds reasonable. But I think this case calls for a more technical-savvy judge that knows what he's doing. Even this man would be better:

JIMMY_mcmillan-two.jpg

He was offered the position, but he declined with only this comment, "The rent in California is too damn high!"

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
frazzledazzle said:
this whole case should be on a phoenix wright game.

Someone do this. NAO.

I mean, this is perfect for PW, there could be Phoenix as Geo's lawyer, Manfred Von Karma as the Satanic Immoral Attorney for Sony and The Old, Bearded, Non-knowledgeable-about-current-stuff Idiot Judge from every PW Game would make a GREAT judge for it.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
frazzledazzle said:

Someone do this. NAO.

I mean, this is perfect for PW, there could be Phoenix as Geo's lawyer, Manfred Von Karma as the Satanic Immoral Attorney for Sony and The Old, Bearded, Non-knowledgeable-about-current-stuff Idiot Judge from every PW Game would make a GREAT judge for it.
I'd rather have the female judge from AIMW2

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
personuser said:
frazzledazzle said:

Someone do this. NAO.

Ah, I have only played PW games that are in English so far, that would be better
tongue.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
Duskye said:
personuser said:
frazzledazzle said:

Someone do this. NAO.

Ah, I have only played PW games that are in English so far, that would be better
tongue.gif
She has a big hammer, I'd imagine her hitting sony or geohot on the head with it.

Reminds me of when Amy would do that to Sonic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise