OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Geohot may have underestimated the number of people who support his fight against Sony, as he received enough money for the first phase of defense in about 18 hours. He didn't specify exactly how much he raised, but he did say that he would donate any money left over to the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

QUOTEIt seems that more than a few parties support Geohot's fight against Sony. The Electronic Frontier Foundation offered legal help, and he closed donations early this morning stating that he raised enough to fund the first stages of defense. "Thank you so so much for all of your help, things are looking up money wise. Expect to see a few more lawyers on my responses!" he wrote.

I believe that Geohot has a strong case, and if he actually defeats Sony it will have repercussions that will be felt throughout the industry. Console manufacturers have long tried to control the actions that consumers can perform with their hardware, but Geohot's case may demolish any such controls. For my part, like all of the hacks derived from the Kinect, I think that open systems foster development of new ideas and Sony's attempts to curtail such creativity is averse to the 21st century idea of innovation. So yeah, go Geohot!

Source: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/...ny-in-a-Weekend

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
good to hear
smile.gif

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
Oh god, stop these posts...

Anyway, someone already posted this on the other topic.
You know.... Whenever there is a post about Geohot...I always see you there....usually complaining about something.....
So let me ask.....Do you hate geohot?!?!?!?

Nah but seriously good that he got the money...and this was mentioned in another thread....

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Amazing. I can't wait until he beats Sony. Sony has no right in what they're doing.

@Maehedros (or whatever the hell your name is): Don't bother quoting me and trying to convince me otherwise.

Creqaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Even though I don't have a PS3 and don't have anything good to say about geohot, it's still good that he's trying to fight for the rights of the consumers.

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion if Sony feels they still have ownership over that console then they should be have to fix it for free. A farmer doesn't sell you an apple and then claim he has ownership over that apple and that you can't bite, chew, throw away or do whatever with it.

markdgx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can't believe people actually give money to this douchebag. He is so full of himself, atleast, it definately looked that way in that pathetic rap video of his.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I don't really care much at all about Geohot, the effects of this case could very well change the hacking scene forever.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
My recommendation stands, GeoHot. Use the excess money to get yourself a Phoenix Wright outfit for the upcoming battle. And that includes the hair.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +2