1. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    so far, it's more like 'puzzles'.
    like, use elements on totems with an elements mark.
    or light a couple torches.
    or freeze some water to do a thing.

it isn't as puzzly as botw and that's not very puzzly to begin with

TheCasualties and Xzi like this.
  2. GameSystem

GameSystem GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The game gives you 4 characters through normal progression (I haven't gotten that far in story) and from what I hear, you can easily clear the entire story mode with just them. You start with wind and can switch between air and earth later, plus you get fire, lighting, and ice characters relatively quickly. The game gives you free pulls to get a guaranteed earth type that can heal you and then at adventure rank 20 you get a water type that can also heal you. You can get all the elements without spending a single penny. The thing I like a lot about this game is that even level 1 characters have extreme utility depending on their specials. When fighting the electric cube elite, when he's near death, he splits into 3 prism things that you have to destroy or he'll regen his HP. Using Amber at level 1 or whatever other level, she can two shot the prisms with charged fire arrows, and you have just enough time to get off 6 shots to kill the boss. You can also use other fire moves from other characters and ice moves, but I think she does it the fastest.

Puzzles aren't just lighting torches or totems. They also have movement challenges and ones that have platforms spawn with platforming and exploding barrel mechanics, races, and sequence puzzles as well. They aren't everywhere, but they certainly exist.

Maq47 and Cyan like this.
  3. Cortador

Cortador GBAtemp Fan

United States
    PS4 is also part of the pool of players who can play cross platform. Only difference is that saves created on the PS4 are tied exclusively to it.

VinsCool likes this.
  4. Chains

Chains GBAtemp Drifter
    Banned

United States
    Can't stop playing it, this is a really well made game. I like how the weapons feel heavy(unlike in god eater 3) and there's a big difference in quests(unlike in your typical generic f2p games). Definitely 1 of the best 2020 games for me.

TheCasualties likes this.
  5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Official Cubi™ Devilishly good looking

Antarctica
    Imma be real, it feels like BOTW anime-edition and that’s something I desperately needed in my life. I quite like this game

6. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

United States
    Boobs Of The Wild .. actually for a free game its hard not argue that theres fun to be had looks nice too on my phone and pc the fighting feels a bit simple but the game is bright and cute only played about 3 hours so far so i cant judge it much ... but if like me you are completely stoned ..the bright lights and pretty colours and easy gameplay is enjoyable with a few pizza's

7. DarkCrudus

DarkCrudus The Ghost

United States
    Great game for free 100% over 60hrs in. Definitely gonna keep playing

8. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    I liked the game a lot more than I expected to be honest. I'm just sad that the PS4 version doesn't have a crossave, it is strange to have crossplay but not to have crossave.

9. DarkCrudus

DarkCrudus The Ghost

United States
    That is really lame for sure. I'm guessing it's issue with sony/how the ps4 is set up

Moon164 likes this.
  10. GameSystem

United States
    For people on the fence, don't think of this as a F2P gacha game. Think of it as a fully fledged free game that also happens to have gacha elements, that you can 100% use in game farmable currency for (or real life money).

If a game came out for free on Steam or Epic Games Launcher, people won't complain that the extra character DLC costs money. They got a full game out of it and can choose to buy or ignore the extra characters. In Genshin Impact, the "DLC" is something that anyone can get without paying anything. For something with a full story, full voice acting for cut scenes with good choreography, and a huge sprawling world with a ton to do in, this is an incredible deal.

Asia81, VinsCool and CallmeBerto like this.
  11. ChaosEternal

ChaosEternal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Is the currency infinitely farmable? If not, then you could say the same things about Fate Grand Order, but I don't think anyone is going to say that isn't a gacha game. If so, then you have a fair point.

12. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

United States
    it's out on the PC? on steam, stand alone, or other? does it require always-on internet?

13. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Psycho!

Argentina
    The Game has been out 5 days , what would be gbatemp exclusive ?

14. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Co's VGM Addict

Germany
    The thing that made me be interested in it was that I thought I could play it on my phone when I am out and on my ps4 when I am home. Well turns out the ps4 version doesnt allow cross save. Classic Sony. Second I absolutely hate gachas that have weapons in their draw system. Only weapon pulls are possible and that is just a huge con in my eyes. Then the game also has paid only currency which is also a very huge con. The game will have paid only banners which will have better weapons and characters. So f2p players are already at a disadvantage. The game is horribly optimised for ps4 with alot of stuttering, graphic pop in and random loading. It just feels empty too. The shrine ripoffs are just not interesting enough and I don't care for the story in the slightest. I am honestly super disappointed by Genshin Impact. People say how generous it is but it people will see that it will change soon. I'm a huge gacha head but this just seems so soulless and i'd rather just play breath of the wild.

Last edited by Justinde75, Oct 4, 2020
  15. GameSystem

United States
    You get Primogems (the stuff you use to buy rolls for characters/weapons) from daily quests and from chests from the 2nd tier and up. I'm pretty sure chests respawn at a slow rate because I'm practically certain I've opened the same rank 2 monster chest at least 2 or 3 times, but there is confusion as to whether they do or not. It wouldn't make sense if they didn't because then there would be zero way to get element sigils from the respective zones, because you can't even buy those with real money, and they are only from chests. At the very least, daily quests, weekly quests, and monthly quests give you a bunch.

Maq47 likes this.
  16. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Maniac

Togo
    Played for a few hours, not really for me. Also the game feels more like a tales game rather than botw.

17. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Vietnam
    3 thing that stop me from playing this:

- My political stand against China. I'm sure not only Vietnamese who hate China for their invasive stand regard borders, plus their fucking concentration camp. If possible I would avoid support Chinese company as much as possible.

- The bad reputation of the company regard the monetize practice. Same reason I quit their previous game. With free currency and work your ass off to play their game, you got reward with a demo of a character. The invest to unlock full gameplay of a character will cost you either your sanity or your wallet or both. And they will keep on releasing new character so people will pay eventually.

- The oddly similar of physic engine with BotW. Now I don't want point any finger but there is a limit to how similar one can get from "inspired" by a game. Plus China isn't prime model of copyright practice when their have spy in pretty much every foreign company. Even if it turn out that it just coincident that both physic engine end up similar to each other, I would still feel uncomfortable about it.

Rail Fighter likes this.
  18. seany1990

seany1990 GBAtemp Regular

im assuming switch version will have gacha garbage save editing like fallout shelter?

19. Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    gacha bullcrap
    they needed to made a normal game.

20. moonblood666

moonblood666 GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    What was this about deranged people (Nintendo fanboys) trashing their PS4s just because it looks like BotW?

Oh well, not really my type of game (nor is BotW) since I'm primarily playing games for the story... But this game shows that you can actually craft beautiful and AAA looking games with the Unity Engine (why can't you do the same Tokyo RPG Factory/Square Enix?)

Last edited by moonblood666, Oct 4, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - impressions, Genshin, Impact