mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GenPlusGX Cartridge "Cover" Snapshots

Thought some people out there might like to use these. I put together a set of "covers" for Genesis/MegaDrive, all adjusted to compensate for the bottom 20 pixels in the snapshot that get "swallowed" up by the cartridge image. You can preview the files on photobucket here. I also have a Game Gear set that I'll be putting up in the next few days! Hope you enjoy them!

Here are a few examples.

With "Cover"
IMAG0149.jpg

With Snapshot
IMAG0150.jpg

With "Cover"
IMAG0147.jpg

With Snapshot
IMAG0148.jpg

Download:

Genesis/MegaDrive Cart Covers (780)
http://www.mediafire.com/?co67x0j0uqe4ecb

Game Gear Cart Covers
-Coming Soon!

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Incredible! Thanks for the covers. Does the emu support covers by default?

GenPlus doesn't support "covers" but rather "snapshots" that you can take in game. This set of "covers" Is made to the same size as the screenshots, so they can replace your screenshots.

how do you put these in though?

You just name them to match your roms, and place them in the following directory: "genplus/snaps/md"

Reactions: 1 person

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fucking awesome!

...no sonic and knuckles?!

There was one in the original set I found (along with sonic & knuckles + 1,2&3) but it wouldn't have worked well with this transition.... here check 'em out

SonicKnuckles.png
SonicKnucklesSonic1.png

SonicKnucklesSonic2.png
SonicKnucklesSonic3.png

I whipped this one up using the boxart, hopefully it'll do the trick for ya :P I'll add it to the .rar file sometime in the next few days, in the meantime just click 'n save this shiz!

SonicKnuckles.png

awesome, looking forward to the gg ones too. what about sms?

The Game Gear "Covers" are coming soon... but I found a better set then what I had, and it's going to take me a little bit to go through them all. As for Master System... Have you ever seen a Master System Cartridge? LOL. I have a set of them, and could put them together if anyone would want them, but I think screenies might actually be better for that one... Here's what they would look like, but I imagine they would look pretty bad with the default genesis cartridge.

Here's what the edited ones would look like:
Shinobi-1.png

Here's what the original cart looks like:
Shinobi.png

Reactions: 1 person

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Bladexdsl I put these together pretty quick... not my best work, but it's a temp fix anyway!

SonicKnucklesSonictheHedgehog.png

SonicKnucklesSonictheHedgehog2.png

SonicKnucklesSonictheHedgehog3.png

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awww, I go to load a game and the killer art you made shows up as a cartridge with static :( and I installed these art files per your instructions. Any ideas? The roms are named the same as the images and they're all on the sd card.

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awww, I go to load a game and the killer art you made shows up as a cartridge with static :( and I installed these art files per your instructions. Any ideas? The roms are named the same as the images and they're all on the sd card.

Did you place the images in genplus/snaps/md? I'd start by double checking your file structure.. If that doesnt work, take a snapshot within the app and see if its saving it to a different location. (ie - usb instead of sd)

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Did you place the images in genplus/snaps/md? I'd start by double checking your file structure.. If that doesnt work, take a snapshot within the app and see if its saving it to a different location. (ie - usb instead of sd)
The problem was that for some reason Fuzzy Rename was not renaming my files... 99% user error I am guessing. Thanks for responding to my inquiry though :) and truly great work man.

poma2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Very good job ! Thanks a lot.
I'm interested in master system covers like the other guy too.
I have one question, is there a way to avoid the lags when the mouse moves on the games ?

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very good job ! Thanks a lot.
I'm interested in master system covers like the other guy too.
I have one question, is there a way to avoid the lags when the mouse moves on the games ?

NP man! Glad you like 'em :)

The Master system set has been put on hold, i'm super-involved in another cover project at the moment, but maybe one of these days.

As for lag, i've never had a problem. I don't know what your setup is, but i have everything BUT genplus/roms on my SD card, and everything loads up quick for me. If you're running a strictly USB setup, try this out and see if it helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu