Homebrew genplus-gx with Pier Solar support

bootsector

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys!

First of all, I would like to say that I'm NOT the mind behind this custom ROM mapper. MetalliC, from a very known russian emulation forum, is the original author of this, I just patched genplus-gx wii sources with his original patch (with some changes) and compiled it.

Secondly, I have no intention to harm WaterMelon sales with this. Actually, this is targeted at people that, like me, has the original cartridge (I have two!) but don't want (or can't) to play it on the old and dusty Sega Genesis. So if you like this game, please support WM guys by purchasing the original game, so more gems like this can be released in the future. Furthermore, they are indie developers, so they pretty much rely on the cartridge sales in order to stay alive.

Third, ROM requests are not allowed.

AFAIK, this has NO enhanced audio CD support, but from a quick test here, game runs fine and SRAM works.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tvv3kd

bootsector

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
this will for sure be used by ppl who dont have the original game :)

Edit: but hey thanks a lot, I do have a cart and the rom.
Edit2: Anyone knows when or if retroarch for Xbox360 will also updated in order to play PS?

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am a little butthurt by this news. I do own the cart but the lack of an emulator option forced me to open the packaging in order to play it on my old Genesis (which I had to clean extensively due to mold getting on it somehow in storage) and of course to get it to not look like arse on my hdtv, I bought av cables. Now just four days after all this I find out I could have avoided all this extra cost and a weeks worth of breathing problems.

on the other side people can pirate this now so I hope it doesn't hurt the devs enough for them to stop making new games like their upcoming beat-em up.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
this will for sure be used by ppl who dont have the original game :)

Edit: but hey thanks a lot, I do have a cart and the rom.
Edit2: Anyone knows when or if retroarch for Xbox360 will also updated in order to play PS?

Give me a patch of what changed in the source and I'll add it.
you got pm :)

thanks

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Eeeke says that the ROM dump is incomplete -

https://code.google.com/p/genplus-gx/issues/detail?id=264

Not sure if I should merge this or not.

bootsector

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yep! That specific ROM is incomplete. However, I was able to dump my PS cartridge and tested with MettaliC patch, and it works.

MetalliC

Trophies
XP
Country
Eeeke says that the ROM dump is incomplete -

https://code.google....s/detail?id=264

Not sure if I should merge this or not.
That was written about half year old incomplete dump.

That game have several integrity checks, at first run when game says something like "64 meg cart init " it is actually calculates checksum of the whole cart, and if it will be wrong game wont start.
TBH game checks just simple 16bit data summ, so even if it runs that not means dump is 100% valid.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Short answer is no.

Eke-Eke hasn't decided how/whether to proceed publicly with Pier Solar support given its only-recent commercial release and the potential harm to the developers' profits, so mainline genplus-gx may never run it, and if it does, it likely won't be with this code specifically.

RetroArch hasn't had a binary update since this release, and the source hasn't changed either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.