Hacking Genplus GX Error

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In a single day almost everything for my Wii just stopped working when I brought it over to my friends house. He dropped and broke one of my Wiimote's which can no longer recognize quick movements, broke my rechargeable battery, absolutely non of my emulators would boot, Geexbox wouldn't boot, and for some reason my Tatsunoko vs Capcom save file was erased.

I have reinstalled and updated my emulators which now work again but I'm still having trouble with the Genesis emulator. I just downloaded it again and when I boot it up I get black screen and the disc tray flashes blue. I have to power it off. I don't understand why this was happening in the first place as nothing had changed besides the location of the Wii.

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone?

I don't know what to do here. Nothing has changed since before when it was working and all I can do is install the folder in apps. There aren't even any settings options. Disc tray flashes blue and Wii freezes. I don't know why. Makes no sense to me

Chemodile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a new friend or find someone to break the voodoo curse.

But really, try removing all traces of genplus from your SD card and then reinstalling it from a fresh download. I had similar issues with USBLoaderGX recently for no good reason and a manual reinstall fixed it. I suspect some sort of file corruption is to blame.

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been removing it all traces but it still won't load. I can't be missing an IOS because I haven't changed anything or installed any new ISO since before when it was working. I'll run Signcheck again.

Besides the SD card I also have it on my usb drive where i keep all my roms and it won't load from there as well.

Jesus I just deleted and reinstalled it multiple times. installed my download from the site, installed my original files from my pc, installed from homebrew channel. Nothing will get this to work even when i've removed all files. It just makes no sense. I really don't understand the cause for this especially when it was fine just a few days ago.

I don't think I'm ever going to bring my Wii back to his house again. So many problems from one freaking visit. Now my backup rechargeable batteries are going out.

I'm going to run SignCheck n post it here. Then I will format my card and see if it will work after

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"SignCheck 0.3b aka loveSexWii build report"
"Wii region", Usa
"Wii unique device id", 36141287

"IOS number", "Trucha bug", "Flash access", "Boot2 access", "Usb2.0 IOS tree"

"IOS250 (ver 65535)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Enabled
"IOS249 (ver 14)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Enabled
"IOS223 (ver 4)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS222 (ver 4)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS202 (ver 4)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS70 (ver 65535)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS61 (ver 5405)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS60 (ver 65535)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS56 (ver 65535)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS55 (ver 65535)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS53 (ver 65535)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS52 (ver 65535)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS50 (ver 65535)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS46 (ver 65535)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS45 (ver 65535)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS43 (ver 65535)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS41 (ver 65535)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS40 (ver 65535)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS38 (ver 65535)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS37 (ver 65535)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS36 (ver 65535)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS35 (ver 65535)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS34 (ver 3348)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS33 (ver 65535)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS31 (ver 3349)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS30 (ver 65535)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS28 (ver 65535)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS22 (ver 777)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS21 (ver 65535)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS20 (ver 65535)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS17 (ver 517)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS16 (ver 257)", Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS14 (ver 262)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS13 (ver 15)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS12 (ver 11)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS11 (ver 10)", Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...absolutely nothing I do will get this to work. Apparently the Genesis emulator is permanently dead on my Wii without cause even when downloading completely alternate files that weren't previously on my card.

I still don't know what to do from here and I only get responses every 2 days it seems. I guess I'll figure something out eventually. I mean without knowing the cause it makes this harder to figure out but whatever. Nothing about this makes any sense. Guess I could always restore my nand but i would have to do a lot of things to bring it back to date.

My Wii has been pwned by my friends super L33T jinxed house in a single fell swoop. Oh how I regret ever bringing it.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you tried a -different- sd card? I know the HDD is failing to load, I just wonder if it's crapping out when it's attempting to look for something on SD, maybe some bad blocks there.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Reinstall Dvdx using the last hackmii installer and use a recently compiled version of genplus (there are some available in the wii emulation forum). You are probably using an outdated version and accidentally updated the system menu. Deleting the genplus config file on sd might also be a good idea.

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the only SD card I have. I got all my other emulators working fine but it's just this Genesis one that refuses to load. For my other emulators I just got new files and put them on the SD card. I did the same with the Genesis one multiple times but it still won't load. I formatted my SD card and it still didn't load. I installed different ones from different sources and none of them worked.

There are only so many files too. What is there the apps folder and the folder in the root for roms saves and config settings. And all my roms I load from my USB drive.

I just don't get it. Especially when I downloaded from different sources. Installed from the internet from my PC. Deleted then installed from Homebrew Channel. Installed my original files from before it stopped working. Nothing worked.

I'm going to continue trying different things. I'm not giving up easily. I refuse to let this stop me from being able to play Comix Zone again. Even though I already bought it from the Shop Channel when I first got my Wii.

And yeah I've deleted the config already and it didn't work. But I guess I'll try the Hackmii installer again and find an updated version. When I went to the Wiibrew site it said the last updated version of Genplus was like 2009 April I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: