Homebrew Genisis emulator not working...

hammydude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, the genisis emulator located here is not working. When I download it and try to open it up with winzip it says "error does not appear to be a valid archive"

Does anybody have the non corrupted version of this? If so please GIMMIE!

Also, does this emulator have sound? If not, is there a genesis emu with sound?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That emulator is quite old and was only done as a proof of concept demo: nothing will be remotely playable (5fps if you are very luck).
There is a new one that works quite well but it ony supports SD/CF based carts and a few later neoflash ones.
Grab it here:
http://www.cryptosystem.org/

hammydude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does that emulator (the one at cryptosystem) have sound? Also, what is the frames per second like? If it does not have sound, are there any others with sound?

That would suck if it had no sound....

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does that emulator (the one at cryptosystem) have sound? Also, what is the frames per second like? If it does not have sound, are there any others with sound?

That would suck if it had no sound....

No sound and its still a bit choppy. Personally I don't need to play my Genesis games on my DS right now anyways, I can wait till a beter one comes out, but its still pretty fun. Plus, it has kind of screwy graphics on Dr. Rob. Mean Bean Machine, and thats really the only game I wanted for now. Of course I could play the GG version, but its just soo inferior.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended