Genesis Plus GX v1.5.0
Wii Homebrew Update
Wii Homebrew Update
Genesis Plus GX, the Genesis Plus emulator for Wii made by Eke-eke, has been updated to version 1.5.0. See the change log below for what's new in this release.
- added support for Master System compatibility mode (Z80 ports access mode), incl. Mode 5 rendering.
- added Mode 4 rendering for both Genesis & Master System modes.
- added alternate BG planes rendering functions (should be faster on PPC architectures).
- added support for Master System compatibility mode (Z80 ports access mode).
- added Master System peripherals emulation (Control Pad, Paddle, Sports Pad & Light Phaser).
- added XE-1AP (analog controller) emulation.
- added Activator emulation.
- added support for all known Master System cartridge mappers.
- added copy-protection hardware emulation for a few MD unlicensed games: fixes 777 Casino (crash when talking to bunny girls).
(NB: most of those unlicensed games seem to have been already patched by ROM dumpers, main purpose is documenting them)
- added support for Top Shooter arcade board controller. (A=Shoot, B=Bet, C/RIGHT=Coins, START=Start, hold UP on startup to enter service mode)
- improved King of Fighters 98 mapper emulation (registers address decoding is now 100% accurate)
- fixed Game Genie when several codes affect same ROM address.
- fixed EEPROM types for Brian Lara Cricket & NBA Jam TE (verified on real cartridges)
- added Master System compatibility mode emulation (automatically enabled when loading ROM file with .sms extension).
- improved savestate stability & compatibility (support for old 1.4.x savestates is preserved)
- various code cleanup & comments.
- fixed cheat codes handling when several codes affect same ROM address.
- improved input controller detection on menu exit.
- improved key remapping dialog box to match emulated device
- changed Menu key for Gamecube controller to allow MODE button mapping
- fixed DVD not being unmounted on swap (memory leak)
- Wii only
- added USB mouse support for Sega Mouse emulation
- compiled with latest libogc: improves USB compatibility & fixes stability issues with Wiimotes.