• Replies 169
  • Likes 7

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody has ever said 32x support can't be done. It's just that it's considered very difficult or time consuming by DEVs to implement it and nobody has taken it up yet. That's a 32x emulator running within an emulator that's emulating Windows 98. I've ran Windows 98 on the Wii before and it can take soo long to boot just into Windows that using that to play 32x games would be a waste of time when 99% of the people more than likely have a laptop/PC sitting nearby.

I think another reason was when it was ported to the Wii, there wasn't enough memory to work with, not enough power to emulate an extra machine on top of the Genesis/Megadrive, I could be wrong though.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Nobody has ever said 32x support can't be done. It's just that it's considered very difficult or time consuming by DEVs to implement it and nobody has taken it up yet. That's a 32x emulator running within an emulator that's emulating Windows 98. I've ran Windows 98 on the Wii before and it can take soo long to boot just into Windows that using that to play 32x games would be a waste of time when 99% of the people more than likely have a laptop/PC sitting nearby.
That is pretty much the reason. This is is a topic that has been brought up many times over the years. I will leave this here so new users can see it, specially the uninformed ones making assumptions about console specs., memory, etc. Straight from the horse's mouth:

"But really, again, i do not need code or ideas or directions on how to add 32x support, this is something i will MAYBE add SOMEDAY when i will have the MOTIVATION to do it but like what i have done for Mega CD support, it's something i want to write from scratch, for me learning new stuff, not basically reusing existing code.

So, as much as i appreciate your interest for this emulator and your efforts in trying to help, it won't magically make it happen faster."

Is it posible to implement sicksaxis support into this to be able to use a DualShock 3 controller?
It is certainly possible, but someone needs to implement it.

magnitudeten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The video is very likely fake because he removed the tutorial on how to do it. Red flag right there. I remember trying to run Windows 3.1 on the ps3 and having commander keen be unplayable because of lag.. I can't imagine the wii would fare much better with windows 98.

I didn't mean to make it seem like I thought I knew what I was talking about. I don't, to be clear. It's just that I, and a sizable handful of other people want 32x support really badly because Genesis Plus is such a great emulator already... but it's just missing that one Genesis add on that has a small handful of some of the more ambitious Genesis titles. Whether or not the system could pull it off in emulation is one thing, but I do think that if it could be done that the interest is definitely there.

I have a vested interest in it because the quality of emulation is pretty high already with the systems supported, the interface is convenient, and I happen to have those raphnet genesis controller adapters... So 32x support is a dream come true for me, but I do understand that it's an undertaking that one lone individual has to take on with no reward and very little thanks.

Didn't intend to come off as rude, but I'm still holding my breath. It'll happen one day and I'm a patient man. :)

Reactions: DarthDub

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The video is very likely fake because he removed the tutorial on how to do it. Red flag right there. I remember trying to run Windows 3.1 on the ps3 and having commander keen be unplayable because of lag.. I can't imagine the wii would fare much better with windows 98.
Yes, that's pretty much the signal, it kinda runs too fast for being a convoluted emulation system.

I didn't mean to make it seem like I thought I knew what I was talking about. I don't, to be clear. It's just that I, and a sizable handful of other people want 32x support really badly because Genesis Plus is such a great emulator already... but it's just missing that one Genesis add on that has a small handful of some of the more ambitious Genesis titles. Whether or not the system could pull it off in emulation is one thing, but I do think that if it could be done that the interest is definitely there.

I have a vested interest in it because the quality of emulation is pretty high already with the systems supported, the interface is convenient, and I happen to have those raphnet genesis controller adapters... So 32x support is a dream come true for me, but I do understand that it's an undertaking that one lone individual has to take on with no reward and very little thanks.

Didn't intend to come off as rude, but I'm still holding my breath. It'll happen one day and I'm a patient man. :)
Nah, you weren't rude. We are plagued by those kind of users in the forum, making bold assumptions and being critics/beggars to the talented developers that gave us these great pieces of software to enjoy. We're all kind of expecting it to happen someday, who knows, Genesis Plus GX is still a superb and powerful emulator. At least there's plenty to play in the meantime.

magnitudeten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, that's pretty much the signal, it kinda runs too fast for being a convoluted emulation system.

Nah, you weren't rude. We are plagued by those kind of users in the forum, making bold assumptions and being critics/beggars to the talented developers that gave us these great pieces of software to enjoy. We're all kind of expecting it to happen someday, who knows, Genesis Plus GX is still a superb and powerful emulator. At least there's plenty to play in the meantime.

Yeah for sure. I can even play 32x on the xbox... it's not the same with that controller mind you, but it does work phenominally.

magnitudeten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
star wars arade on xbox framrate is all over between 50s and 15 depeding on the enemies sadly.
Oh thats a bummer. I only played chaotix and tempo on it and they worked great. I do remember that bc racers and afterburner didnt work at all though.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
sorry for necrobump

@OriginalHamster

can you tell us what code of libfat you modified for get UStealth support?
It was quicker to google "ustealth wii source" to get it. After that, you can add it to your chain if you want to compile with it.

I've had some random USB crashes on some apps after I added it, so beware, you might have to do some testing, your mileage may vary.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb