• Likes 7

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
nice update

tho the sonic crackers proto for genesis still wont boot past the sega title

It's not an issue of the emulator but the game itself.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Crackers

Hardware issues
The prototype ROM will crash the system on a real Mega Drive/Genesis machine, but only if the player does not skip the SEGA screen quick enough or delays at the title screen for too long...

You have to press START before the title screen .
You can also enable an option in the emulator settings to ignore real system crashes.

stealth_gerbil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the info, I disabled "system lockups" in options and now it works

I guess that just proves just how accurate of an emulator this is

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It is very accurate given the target platform. Regen is the most accurate, but requires quite a powerful PC as a result. The fact that so many of the commits to the SVN of Genesis Plus GX are seemingly small and insignificant tweaks says a lot about the commitment to accuracy.

Compare it with, say, Picodrive - which is designed for low power ARM-based formats and is noticeably less accurate as a result. Accuracy can only go as far as the target platform allows.

Last edited by sj33,
Reactions: ploder

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Regen being closed-source, it's hard to tell how "accurate" it really is. It could actually be using Genesis Plus GX code and nobody could tell.

I don't know what made people claim Regen was the "most accurate emulator " but I don't think it's true and I'm actually quite sure GPGX is more accurate. For example, there are a few games that work in GPGX that don't work in Regen (Pier Solar comes to my mind but there are surely others). Also GPGX emulates Master System compatibility and Sega CD expansion while Regen doesn't.

Last edited by Jacobeian,

stealth_gerbil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a request for this emulator

right now the screenshots that genesis plus gx accepts is very finicky, and basically only accepts those individually taken with the emulator

I have a no-into romset, and a set of complete no-intro screenshots for that romset, but genesis plus gx for the wii doesnt recognize these png files (only png files taken with the emulator)

could the screenshot recognition be made to be more accepting of image files in general?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
right now the screenshots that genesis plus gx accepts is very finicky, and basically only accepts those individually taken with the emulator

Well, judging from that video, it accepts external png files just fine (I was starting to make my own set of label just like that guy but it takes too much time :-/)

You only have to name the png file and resize the image the same as the emulator does.

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You'd probably have to send any requests to Eke itself, by the way. I doubt he/she reads this thread and I just share the links.

stealth_gerbil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, I looked up a batch image converter on sourceforge and found " Batch Image Converter, Resizer" and it did the trick

so cool, now theres screenshots to all my games now

Last edited by stealth_gerbil,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM